The Solution to Our Problems:

The "pumpkin" as you so disgracefully describe him, has won more national championships than you have likely ever seen in your lifetime. All those resources, all that fertile recruiting ground, supercoaches, etc.....and what do you have to show for it my dear friend?? In the history books, Tennessee will always reign supreme over your troubled dawgs.
Lol, ok whatever. As I said, I pray you guys do bring him back. But it doesn’t matter. Phil, Pruitt, the end result will be the same.

Lmao, are you serious? Fulmer might and this is a HUGE might (pun intended), be better at the in game coaching. But only because he has about 25 or so more years experience. But he may not be better as it has been a long time since he has coached. And the landscape with today’s kids is different, and maybe the biggest issue Fulmer would have today would be handling the whole social media and the like that wasn’t really around when he last coached (if it was it was in its infancy. But honestly it is a push as far as coaching).
The other main thing to be a successful head coach is recruiting. And Kirby would run circles around Phil, not literally (that could be bad for Kirby's health).And it isn’t just Kirby, our staff is loaded with elite recruiters. I would say Clemson is prolly the creme of the crop, as it seems they get just about everyone they want. But I would put our staff and HC at a close second, then bama.
So I don’t know what you expected me to say. I will take Kirby everyday and twice on Saturday’s.
Honestly, if could hire Kirby right now, or bring back today’s Phil what would you do. I think I know the answer, and I also think I know what you will say.
Methinks the gentleman doth protest too much. Furthermore, your puerile slings and arrows do nothing but demean yourself, my dear fellow. I daresay that we can raise the level of discourse above such pettiness. Imagine all the ways Kirby could be mocked (that haircut is certainly doing him no favors?? And I wouldn't think that anyone would make mistake his physique for that of adonis??)

You and your fellow Dawgs reek of desperation. You know that Fulmer is the Gandalf to your balrog, as it were (to use a pop culture reference). You project your own insecurities on to that titan of CFB, CFP....his X and O knowledge is irrefutable, his recruiting undeniable. Can you name a single player that is on the level of a Manning or a Wilson?? I think not, kind sir. You hope to avoid the reckoning, but (hopefully) the storm (CPF) is coming for you all.

Methinks the gentleman doth protest too much. Furthermore, your puerile slings and arrows do nothing but demean yourself, my dear fellow. I daresay that we can raise the level of discourse above such pettiness. Imagine all the ways Kirby could be mocked (that haircut is certainly doing him no favors?? And I wouldn't think that anyone would make mistake his physique for that of adonis??)

You and your fellow Dawgs reek of desperation. You know that Fulmer is the Gandalf to your balrog, as it were (to use a pop culture reference). You project your own insecurities on to that titan of CFB, CFP....his X and O knowledge is irrefutable, his recruiting undeniable. Can you name a single player that is on the level of a Manning or a Wilson?? I think not, kind sir. You hope to avoid the reckoning, but (hopefully) the storm (CPF) is coming for you all.
Lol, you nailed it, we’re desperate. But if that is true, good god it must truly suck to be you. If you think Fulmer has gotten better since you FIRED then you deserve him. Oh ****, CPF is coming for us all? I have no doubt that he could eat us all, if he could catch us. But I am fairly certain my grandmother could outrun Phil. But go ahead and pay another coach to work somewhere else so You can bring him back, y’all deserve him. And it will just add another 10 years to the rebuild that last forever.
This will be my swan song on this fine site, it was weird actually being able to have a normal conversation even though we disagreed most of the time when you didn’t know who I rooted for. But honestly it isn’t meant for us to have intelligent dialogue, considering a lot (like yourself) are at a disadvantage when it come to intelligence. See ya in a week, peace.

Lol, you nailed it, we’re desperate. But if that is true, good god it must truly suck to be you. If you think Fulmer has gotten better since you FIRED then you deserve him. Oh ****, CPF is coming for us all? I have no doubt that he could eat us all, if he could catch us. But I am fairly certain my grandmother could outrun Phil. But go ahead and pay another coach to work somewhere else so You can bring him back, y’all deserve him. And it will just add another 10 years to the rebuild that last forever.
This will be my swan song on this fine site, it was weird actually being able to have a normal conversation even though we disagreed most of the time when you didn’t know who I rooted for. But honestly it isn’t meant for us to have intelligent dialogue, considering a lot (like yourself) are at a disadvantage when it come to intelligence. See ya in a week, peace.
Game, set and match. Run along young man, and be grateful that the righter of wrongs will not be at the helm this Saturday, for I fear it would go woefully for you if he was.

Is the installation of the ol’ warhorse, the favorite and first son of Tennessee football, Phil Fulmer, as head coach. His kind is not made for slick veneered board rooms and gland-handing over-proud boosters. His ilk is too noble for such vainglorious pursuits. He needs to be in the muck and mire with his men, leading our loyal lads against the barbarous Bulldogs and terrible Tiders. And if the last decade has taught us anything, it is that we can ask for no better general than our much ballyhooed coach, who led us to the most halcyon of heights.

Think about the instant upgrade in coaching we would receive—he has forgotten more than the likes of Kirby Smart will ever know!! This decided schematic advantage would obviously stand us in good stead my dear fellows. And that is to say nothing of the incredible boon his presence would be on the recruiting trail. Do you perchance recall names like Manning, Wilson, and Haynesworth?? All answered the call when CPF darkened their doorstep.
He is the holder of an NC, multiple SEC crowns, and several East banners. Who on the current, or indeed any, staff has accolades that can match those of the Vol Navy’s admiral?? My friends, the answer is as plain as day for those with the eyes to see.

And can you imagine the raucous scene the next time Alabama visits Neyland, if CPF were at the helm?? Fulmer is the panacea that Saban fears, never doubt it. I expect during the pre-game handshake, in an effort to overcompensate for his anxiety, Saban will bluster with false bravado, which will be silenced with nothing but a steely gaze from our head coach, followed by this exchange: “Fate (Saban) whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm’. The warrior (Fulmer) whispers back, ‘I am the storm’”. At which point, the stadium will erupt, as the fans await the inevitable thrashing of those crimson scoundrels.
Man you sure do use them 10cent words! I do believe sir you are pulling our proverbial leg!

Man you sure do use them 10cent words! I do believe sir you are pulling our proverbial leg!
Not at all my friend. I am attempting to speak truth to power, as it were, while others prevaricate. Within our grasp is the power to be vaulted back to the rarefied air of championship trophies, we need to but reach out and return CPF to his rightful role.

Is the installation of the ol’ warhorse, the favorite and first son of Tennessee football, Phil Fulmer, as head coach. His kind is not made for slick veneered board rooms and gland-handing over-proud boosters. His ilk is too noble for such vainglorious pursuits. He needs to be in the muck and mire with his men, leading our loyal lads against the barbarous Bulldogs and terrible Tiders. And if the last decade has taught us anything, it is that we can ask for no better general than our much ballyhooed coach, who led us to the most halcyon of heights.

Think about the instant upgrade in coaching we would receive—he has forgotten more than the likes of Kirby Smart will ever know!! This decided schematic advantage would obviously stand us in good stead my dear fellows. And that is to say nothing of the incredible boon his presence would be on the recruiting trail. Do you perchance recall names like Manning, Wilson, and Haynesworth?? All answered the call when CPF darkened their doorstep.
He is the holder of an NC, multiple SEC crowns, and several East banners. Who on the current, or indeed any, staff has accolades that can match those of the Vol Navy’s admiral?? My friends, the answer is as plain as day for those with the eyes to see.

And can you imagine the raucous scene the next time Alabama visits Neyland, if CPF were at the helm?? Fulmer is the panacea that Saban fears, never doubt it. I expect during the pre-game handshake, in an effort to overcompensate for his anxiety, Saban will bluster with false bravado, which will be silenced with nothing but a steely gaze from our head coach, followed by this exchange: “Fate (Saban) whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm’. The warrior (Fulmer) whispers back, ‘I am the storm’”. At which point, the stadium will erupt, as the fans await the inevitable thrashing of those crimson scoundrels.

Is that you Phil?

What is happening? Did I land in some alternate universe? Wtf happened to this thread? It took a hard right turn into na na na na boo boo but fancier

Game, set and match. Run along young man, and be grateful that the righter of wrongs will not be at the helm this Saturday, for I fear it would go woefully for you if he was.
Lol, game set and match to what we aren’t playing anything. We are giving our opinions, our’s differ (shocker there).
And who is this righter of wrongs you speak of (I only know of one, and even he couldn’t help you guys right now)? And what would go woefully wrong for me. I will await this one

Come home coach Fulmer!! Big Orange nation behind you!! We know you are the original VFL For LIFE!!! BBP!!! 🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊

The HASLAMS would never let it happen 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

Fulmer would be a fool to tarnish his legacy...it's a different world now than the eighties and nineties...Phil was a great recruiter and started in the eighties as an assistant landing top shelf talent. We used to cherry pick the top players out of the Carolina's just about every year and pulled NFL caliber players out of Ohio, Georgia, Florida and Alabama quite a few years...now other schools routinely take the top players out of Tennessee. Fulmer won many games by just playing more talented players - don't think he could do that anytime soon...

Pruitt is gonna have to get another signature win this year and get some end of the season momentum so he can land a great class - a good class won't cut it. He has to sign an SEC caliber QB who can come in and play game 1...he needs a couple more pancake makers on the OL so we can be a run first team...and the D needs a few more studs like Henry To'o To'o...

Come home coach Fulmer!! Big Orange nation behind you!! We know you are the original VFL For LIFE!!! BBP!!! 🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊

The HASLAMS would never let it happen 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
Come home? You do know he is the AD for the vols...don’t you? You say all of Big Orange Nation is behind him. I don’t know about that, but all of Big Orange Nation could fit behind him (with room to spare). But I don’t think all of vol nation believes he is the answer to you problems. He had fallen behind the times when you fired him the first time. But you think he has caught up with the times after a 10-15 year hiatus from CFB? Hmmm, ok.

Lol, game set and match to what we aren’t playing anything. We are giving our opinions, our’s differ (shocker there).
And who is this righter of wrongs you speak of (I only know of one, and even he couldn’t help you guys right now)? And what would go woefully wrong for me. I will await this one

You have capitulated because you know that a loss is inevitable, not unlike what your dawgs would experience if CPF were ever to helm the USS Volnation again. What would go woefully for you is the shellacking CPF and the beloved Vols would lay on your dismal team, and I am confident in the fact that you are overjoyed knowing that CPF will not be commanding the sidelines come Saturday. It would go ill indeed for that incompetent buffoon, Kirby, if he did. Swagger now while you can, my dear fellow. But know that pride comes before the fall. And the righter of wrongs inexorably debouches towards you....

you should fear the storm.

You have capitulated because you know that a loss is inevitable, not unlike what your dawgs would experience if CPF were ever to helm the USS Volnation again. What would go woefully for you is the shellacking CPF and the beloved Vols would lay on your dismal team, and I am confident in the fact that you are overjoyed knowing that CPF will not be commanding the sidelines come Saturday. It would go ill indeed for that incompetent buffoon, Kirby, if he did. Swagger now while you can, my dear fellow. But know that pride comes before the fall. And the righter of wrongs inexorably debouches towards you....

You have lost your everloving mind, “A loss is Inevitable”. Would you care to place a wager on that, My Dear Fellow?

I love it when someone who knows they have, will, and will continue to get their ass handed to them throws a bunch of high dollar words around to try and make themselves feel superior, and take attention away from an issue because the facts of issue don’t give a leg to stand on. But I will commend you on your big words that don’t add up to jackshit.
I hope it worked and you feel better, because there isn’t anything that can change what is coming Saturday.

You have lost your everloving mind, “A loss is Inevitable”. Would you care to place a wager on that, My Dear Fellow?
I'm not a gambling man as I feel it is a vice best not engaged in, but I daresay that if CPF sounds the battlecry in that thunderous, yet melodious, timbre of his ("Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more"), the sonic boom created by the voices in Knoxville joining in unison would shakes the halls of those usurpers in Tuscaloosa and Athens, reigniting the fear in their hearts that they have always felt when facing the power T standard.

If CPF becomes HBC again, I would be happy to engage in a friendly wager with you (perhaps a sig bet)?? But you make bold as you know he will not be holding sway over the sidelines this Saturday. Your braggadocio is unbecoming a vol, but certainly befitting a dawg. But remember my old friend, you reap what you sow. When the Titan of CFB returns to the arena, let our foes beware!!

Hell, I'd hire Cut before bringing PF back. PF was at his best when Cut was on staff. Without him....meh.

Hell, I'd hire Cut before bringing PF back. PF was at his best when Cut was on staff. Without him....meh.
If Cut would be agreeable to returning to his post as OC, serving as the right hand man of the invincible CPF, I'd have no problem with that at all.

I mean I could have gotten behind Fulmer when people, like myself, were at the point of wanting to chase Les Miles.

I mean given the resources Fulmer gave Pruitt for hiring staff, why would Fulmer with the biggest salary pool for staff in the country be worse than someone Like Les Miles?

Would people truly be upset if Fulmer went out and hired Chaney and Tee? Would people be upset if Fulmer went out and tried to get Steele or Chavis? (I would have an issue with Chavis- too old and hops around)

However, there is a catch 22..... does the AD that isn’t Fulmer make the moves to keep Rick Barnes, extend Vitello, Fire Warlick etc.....

If Cut would be agreeable to returning to his post as OC, serving as the right hand man of the invincible CPF, I'd have no problem with that at all.

Cut would have been the perfect choice after kiffy, but there's no going back now. He's too smart to jump back into the orange quagmire. Time to look forward.

Pruitt is the guy until at least year 3 if not four. Pointless to be talking replacements at this point. He's my coach until he's not. Just going to hope he's successful and has a long and prosperous career at UT. No stomach for another coaching change for a while.

I agree, but Cut has turned this job down more than once. He’ll retire from Duke I’m afraid.

I'm not a gambling man as I feel it is a vice best not engaged in, but I daresay that if CPF sounds the battlecry in that thunderous, yet melodious, timbre of his ("Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more"), the sonic boom created by the voices in Knoxville joining in unison would shakes the halls of those usurpers in Tuscaloosa and Athens, reigniting the fear in their hearts that they have always felt when facing the power T standard.

If CPF becomes HBC again, I would be happy to engage in a friendly wager with you (perhaps a sig bet)?? But you make bold as you know he will not be holding sway over the sidelines this Saturday. Your braggadocio is unbecoming a vol, but certainly befitting a dawg. But remember my old friend, you reap what you sow. When the Titan of CFB returns to the arena, let our foes beware!!
I would take that bet as I don’t recall any coach being afraid of Fulmer. He always got outcoached by Saban and Spurrier and lesser coaches when he didn’t have superior talent. If he returns my 50 years of fandom will end. Can’t care enough anymore to watch. Fulmer should have been canned 2 years before he was, instead Hamilton gave him a raise.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol

I quit reading after “I am not a betting man”. All of that talking and your first sentence told me all I needed to know. See ya Saturday. Looking forward to it.

VN Store

Back