The SNL Thread.......

Did you see the second skit about this? Totally made the first skit worth it. I thought it was the funniest of the night.

Yeah, the "edited" version? It was alright, but I wasn't really paying close attention at that point, as SNL usually loses me after Weekend Update.

Speaking of Weekend Update, drunk uncle is my favorite character on the show right now.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdlHUtmnAnA[/youtube]

Hader loses it any time he tries ANY skit. Dude's horrible. Especially Stefan, or however you spell it, on Weekend Update. Every. Single. Time.

There's a reason why he loses it every time: Seth Meyers changes his lines at the last minute on purpose. Bill hader has no idea what he's going to be reading when he goes out for that on live tv.

Did you see the second skit about this? Totally made the first skit worth it. I thought it was the funniest of the night.

The final product just before the end credits totally justified the longer, weaker setup sketch.

The throwaway sketches at the end of the show have been some of the best this season has had to offer. The Swarovski Crystals bit from the Jamie Foxx is still my favorite moment from this year.

The final product just before the end credits totally justified the longer, weaker setup sketch.

The throwaway sketches at the end of the show have been some of the best this season has had to offer. The Swarovski Crystals bit from the Jamie Foxx is still my favorite moment from this year.

I agree. For some reason, the Maine Justice one still makes me laugh, too.

It's Better To Know...

A2177%20ULTIMATE%20DARTH%20VADER%20ANAKIN%20TO%20VADER%20FIGURE%20b_0.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
I thought overall Louis C.K.'s show was kinda weak. It had some funny parts but overall the sketches were just way too random and out there. After the monologue the show just kinda went downhill. And Black Jeopardy wasn't as funny as it could have been.

During my HS years I watched almost every week but that slowly dropped off until I only watched when someone interesting was the host. Then a year or so later I just quite watching so I've watched probably that I can remember exactly one episode of SNL in the past 6-8 years possibly longer and that was a couple of weeks back when Jim Parsons from Big Bang Theory was the host.

I just happened to walk into the room and the tv had been left on NBC and I saw he was on it so I rewound the DVR and watched it from start to finish and I thought it was pretty bad. I thought the only funny bit during the whole show was when they did a spoof of the casting for 12 Years a Slave other than that it was pretty boring. IMO None of the cast members were remarkably rememberable other than the chick that did weekend update who I thought was pretty hot but can't remember her name.

I really can't believe it makes enough ratings with all the other viewing options out there to stay on the air.

During my HS years I watched almost every week but that slowly dropped off until I only watched when someone interesting was the host. Then a year or so later I just quite watching so I've watched probably that I can remember exactly one episode of SNL in the past 6-8 years possibly longer and that was a couple of weeks back when Jim Parsons from Big Bang Theory was the host.

I just happened to walk into the room and the tv had been left on NBC and I saw he was on it so I rewound the DVR and watched it from start to finish and I thought it was pretty bad. I thought the only funny bit during the whole show was when they did a spoof of the casting for 12 Years a Slave other than that it was pretty boring. IMO None of the cast members were remarkably rememberable other than the chick that did weekend update who I thought was pretty hot but can't remember her name.

I really can't believe it makes enough ratings with all the other viewing options out there to stay on the air.

The Parsons' episode was pretty bad. Even though he made it a joke in his monologue, I don't see him doing much after TBBT. He's kind of this generation's "Norm".

Honestly the last few years other than when Jimmy Fallon, Justin Timberlake, or Melissa McCarthy has hosted, it's been pretty meh. All 3 of them are great at the skit/improv comedy thing.

The Parsons' episode was pretty bad. Even though he made it a joke in his monologue, I don't see him doing much after TBBT. He's kind of this generation's "Norm".

Honestly the last few years other than when Jimmy Fallon, Justin Timberlake, or Melissa McCarthy has hosted, it's been pretty meh. All 3 of them are great at the skit/improv comedy thing.

When Justin was playing Jimmy on Celebrity Family Feud, that was hilarious. Watching Jimmy try not to laugh was the best part lol.

Holy cow that first episode was really bad. This is the weakest cast in a long time. The new news guy is terrible.

I laughed good one time. And that was when I saw Lion-O.

chris-pratt-he-man-snl-nbc.jpg

The sketch for the most part was bad. Other than that the show was pretty lousy. The brand new weekend update guy, not Colin Jost, is pretty bad. The 4 minute monologue on what you would do for a million bucks was terrible.

Taran Killam is the one that stands out imo. Kenan flat out sucks. Aidy Bryant is pretty lousy too.

Definitely a horrible opener. The show really went downhill after Tina Fey left. She and Norm Macdonald are the best head writers they ever had, with Adam McKay in a distant third.

Last edited:
Which guy are you talking about? I thought Pete Davidson (one of the new guys) was the only funny part of the entire episode.
The He-Man and Lion-o costumes were good, at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmwjpVxHjSI

Michael Che. Dude flubbed over so many lines and wasn't funny when he got them right. The Colin guy isn't strong enough to carry the news himself so pairing him with a new awkward guy probably wasn't a good idea. And Davidson himself seems like he could be funny but his long running joke wasn't.

I hate to be "that" guy, but last year SNL only had 2 black cast members (both good, IMO), no black women. They were criticized for not having black women, and a week later they hired a black woman. Now they added 2 black cast members this season. It just seems like they're stretching to get a PC cast together. I actually like the new black girl they added (she was on an episode of Workaholics), but the guy that did the news was terrible. I didn't like the girl that did the news last year, so I'm glad they changed that up, and maybe he'll get better.

It's the first episode and a lot of the cast is still new. They'll find themselves.

I agree that Taran Killam is the best. I think Aidy Bryant is underrated. She's pretty funny to me.

My favorite cast member Kyle Mooney, and he was hired mostly as a writer, but he's so good you're going to see him in a lot more skits.

Killam, McKinnon, and Pharoah are by far the best IMHO. Bryant can be funny but seems like she's rather one-dimensional. Thompson also can be funny but he along with Moynihan seem like they're ready to move on. The rest of the cast is meh, although I agree Mooney can be funny if they let him. Beck Bennett is like a poor man's Phil Hartman.

I'm predicting a lot of ex castmate hostings, like Hader is in a few weeks and I'll bet Samberg, Poehler, Wiig all host and maybe even Sudiekis since he has a movie coming out soon. Also look for a ton of cameos by guys like Armistan to come on to do their old bits to make people remember "the good times". And Fallon or Fey will probably host the Christmas episode.

This is when Kyle Mooney won me over....he was on Norm's sports show a few years back:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smtgZCffK2k[/youtube]

It's no longer appointment television, and Hader mostly just appeals to the SNL fan base. It's not like when they have Bieber host and hordes of teenagers tune in.

VN Store

Back