The SNL Thread.......

It's no longer appointment television, and Hader mostly just appeals to the SNL fan base. It's not like when they have Bieber host and hordes of teenagers tune in.

This.

As much as I like Hader, he really isn't a big name out on his own; yet at least. So while the episode was much better, only SNL fans probably tuned in.

This current cast doesn't have much chemistry and the writing is just awful. You need to follow trendy big city night club music to get half the references. It's become a show for hipsters. In its best seasons it had jokes that could be understood by most anyone. Even when the writing was awful during the Farley and Sandler years they at least had the ability to keep people laughing. I miss that stuff.

BTW, did anybody see the Shannon Sharpe impression? He got all butt hurt about it and said it was a bad impression. I thought it was kind of annoying, and not funny, but I think he's annoying IRL, so...

Yeah, I haven't watched much SNL the last few years, but I actually watched this Beavis and Butthead episode (wife is a big Gosling fan)...in the sketches, I think they only made fun of Biden. Seems like they did political material against both sides in the news segment.

I'd prefer basically 0 politics in my sketch comedy. However, it's not true to say everything is an attack on the right.

Reactions: K-town Vol Fan
Yeah, I haven't watched much SNL the last few years, but I actually watched this Beavis and Butthead episode (wife is a big Gosling fan)...in the sketches, I think they only made fun of Biden. Seems like they did political material against both sides in the news segment.

I'd prefer basically 0 politics in my sketch comedy. However, it's not true to say everything is an attack on the right.
Jim Carrey has a legendary Biden impersonation

Reactions: EasternVol

They make fun of what’s making headlines in the news. If Trump had receded into the background after losing in 2020, he wouldn’t have remained a fixture on the show. Now he’s back on the ticket and it’s an election year. Obviously they’re going to have sketches about him, just like they have for all the presidential candidates for the past 50 years.

Anybody not aware of their political bent is being deliberately obtuse. Biden is a gaffe factory and they reference a small fraction.

VN Store

Back