The shut down thread

and if he had you wouldn't say a peep about it

Just like you all ignored the bump stock ban?

Whenever you get confused, remember I am the consistent one and you are the hypocrite. I opposed Obama. I oppose Trump. They are both big government, crony capitalists who grew the power of the executive and snubbed the constitution.

Just like you all ignored the bump stock ban?

Whenever you get confused, remember I am the consistent one and you are the hypocrite. I opposed Obama. I oppose Trump. They are both big government, crony capitalists who grew the power of the executive and snubbed the constitution.
I completely disagree with the EO to ban them

Who said anything about violating a protected constitutional right? I'm talking about usurping power to deal with a perceived issue, and there is a lot you can do about guns without violating the 2nd amendment.
Nope. Your statement was on circumventing the constitutional rights. The constitution in this case calls for congress to do their damn job and put a package together that A) Trump will sign or B) is veto proof and then it doesn’t matter.

Reactions: AM64
Nope. Your statement was on circumventing the constitutional rights. The constitution in this case calls for congress to do their damn job and put a package together that A) Trump will sign or B) is veto proof and then it doesn’t matter.

I said nothing about violating 2a, and even if I did, I have clarified the point. Address the point or GTFO. What are you talking about ^? I'm talking about Trump declaring an emergency and circumventing congress.

Ludicrous at so many levels.

First, Democrats do care about and support enhancing border security. But the reality is that the number of illegals coming in other than ports of entry is at its lowest in decades. It does not justify the building of a wall which is going to be FAR more expensive than advertised (and you damn well know I'm right about that) and which can be defeated fairly easily.

Instead, Democrats support increasing funding for border security and dealing with immigration issues across the board, from more Border Patrol Agents to more judges to make the system more efficient.

Second, the claim that they want to import millions of new voters is absurd. The number of illegals who would go to the trouble to register to vote and thereby expose themselves to the risk of being discovered is very small. Those that do are going to be law-abiding, working, tax paying contributors to America.

It is true that Hispanics generally are going to be put off as the latent racism they see in the wall proposal and the rhetoric (like this in the Twitter posting) that paints Hispanics as more inclined to commit crime. But that is YOUR fault, not ours. It is the GOP and some of its least savory elements that promote those stereotypes that is to blame for you losing votes.

Imagine if Obama were declaring a national gun emergency and usurping power regarding that issue? I wouldn't put it past the next D president if this is the precedent that R's are going to allow Trump to set.

View attachment 188532

Would he start in Chicago where gun violence is rampant and they have the toughest gun laws and where he was an “awesome” community organizer

You can volunteer with Luther too. I’m sure you can bring hygiene products and demonstrate how to use toilet paper.
I'll break it down for you.
How do you feel about your next door neighbors? Hate them? Like them? Completely indifferent?
Do their actions have any impact on your life? Never? Always? Sometimes?
Do your actions have any impact on them? Never? Always? Sometimes?
Are you concerned about their well being and safety?
Would danger to them present any danger to you?
Is having a good relationship with your next door neighbors a positive or a negative?
Would having an adversarial relationship with your neighbors be a positive or a negative?
etc.......

Now extrapolate.

I've seen a good bit of the world. I like it and and most of its peoples that I've met. I want my children and grandchildren to see a lot more of it and be a part of it. If everyone starts building walls that might not happen.
Unless you're thinking about going to Mexico and then trying to run across the border to re-enter the United States, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

They can't bring up votes in the Senate.
There is zero preventing them from reaching across the aisle and working to a compromise. This is an over used hollow excuse. Forcing a vote they know will not succeed is a waste of time and just empty theater ... you know just like Nans is doing in the House with the idiot revotes that are DOA in the Senate 🙄

If congress would have done their damn constitutional job a year ago, they wouldn't be having this problem with President Pence. We should all hope that congress decides to do their job.

Ludicrous at so many levels.

First, Democrats do care about and support enhancing border security. But the reality is that the number of illegals coming in other than ports of entry is at its lowest in decades. It does not justify the building of a wall which is going to be FAR more expensive than advertised (and you damn well know I'm right about that) and which can be defeated fairly easily.

Instead, Democrats support increasing funding for border security and dealing with immigration issues across the board, from more Border Patrol Agents to more judges to make the system more efficient.

Second, the claim that they want to import millions of new voters is absurd. The number of illegals who would go to the trouble to register to vote and thereby expose themselves to the risk of being discovered is very small. Those that do are going to be law-abiding, working, tax paying contributors to America.

It is true that Hispanics generally are going to be put off as the latent racism they see in the wall proposal and the rhetoric (like this in the Twitter posting) that paints Hispanics as more inclined to commit crime. But that is YOUR fault, not ours. It is the GOP and some of its least savory elements that promote those stereotypes that is to blame for you losing votes.

We don't need to import million of voters, the epic disaster of the Trump Presidency gets people out to vote - we saw that in the midterms which was an overwhelming rejection of this Administration.

"Your party" hired Donald Trump, reality TV star, scumbag businessman, political neophyte and undisputed king of trash mountain.

Your turn.
My turn says that you didn't sleep enough last night. You posted late AND early. Take a nap today.

There is zero preventing them from reaching across the aisle and working to a compromise. This is an over used hollow excuse. Forcing a vote they know will not succeed is a waste of time and just empty theater ... you know just like Nans is doing in the House with the idiot revotes that are DOA in the Senate 🙄

Are you talking about a bill that would pass (51 votes)? Or a bill that would get 67 votes?

A clean CR would pass the Senate today if McConnell let it go to the floor.

We don't need to import million of voters, the epic disaster of the Trump Presidency gets people out to vote - we saw that in the midterms which was an overwhelming rejection of this Administration.

You also saw it 2 years prior. Trump is who you get after 8 years of your messiah who was elected simply due to the color of his skin.

So funny how you all just outright ignore the Senate results. I wonder if Bill Nelson among others ignores them as much as you all

VN Store

Back