The shut down thread

Hogg my dunce, my life is great. Unlike you and typical two year olds, my awareness and concerns go beyond my immediate circle of existence. Hundreds of millions worldwide will suffer from the Trump effect long before I do. Some of Trumps doings even appear to benefit me and mine in a short term, selfish sort of way. If that's all one sees, I can ALMOST grasp how one could hold their nose and support Trump.
Worldwide?? Lmao

Reactions: AirVol
I've seen a good bit of the world. I like it and and most of its peoples that I've met. I want my children and grandchildren to see a lot more of it and be a part of it. If everyone starts building walls that might not happen.

The only way you can see the world is by sneaking into every country against their wishes? Lol, what an absolutely stupid post.

I care about people who do not live in my neighborhood. I care about people who do not live in my city. I care about people who do not live in my county, region, state, country, continent, hemisphere.
How far does a person need to be removed from you in order for you to stop caring?

You can care all you want but when you have your own problems that need fixing there’s not much you can do. Fix your own problems first then do for the rest if you choose and maybe do a little along the way.

I've seen a good bit of the world. I like it and and most of its peoples that I've met. I want my children and grandchildren to see a lot more of it and be a part of it. If everyone starts building walls that might not happen.

The only place I have entered another country without going through a controlled entry exit point since 9/11 is in the Virgin Islands. Walls (while I don't support Trump on this) won't keep your kids and grandkids from seeing the world.

Reactions: theFallGuy
You're wrong on that one. But fine attempt. There have always been portions of collective morality with which I disagree. That doesn't change the fact that it is the collective (societal) morality with which I live.

Sorry that you don't have a mind of your own.

The only place I have entered another country without going through a controlled entry exit point since 9/11 is in the Virgin Islands. Walls (while I don't support Trump on this) won't keep your kids and grandkids from seeing the world.

Shhhhh....... he heard that point on MSNBC last night and it hit home with him.

Isn't it amusing how the Trump sycophants have bought into his narrow-minded, isolationist view of the world? They continue to follow a morally and intellectually bankrupt President like sheep to the slaughter.
You can volunteer with Luther too. I’m sure you can bring hygiene products and demonstrate how to use toilet paper.

Reactions: BigOrangeD
Marc Thiessen: This is the stupidest government shutdown in US history. When will Dems get smart about it?

Democrats could not possibly be in a better position to demand concessions form Trump if they had manufactured a crisis. So put some demands on the table, for crying out loud. If Democrats think they have Trump cornered, then squeeze him and try get a lot out of him. But don't refuse to negotiate and tell us the wall is an "immorality" -- because their voting history shows they don't believe that.

Yeah yeah I know “this is Trumps shutdown” blah blah blah. If the idiot Dims have him over the table then force a solution. A victory lap with no victorious solution seems a tad empty and out of order.

Marc Thiessen: This is the stupidest government shutdown in US history. When will Dems get smart about it?

Yeah yeah I know “this is Trumps shutdown” blah blah blah. If the idiot Dims have him over the table then force a solution. A victory lap with no victorious solution seems a tad empty and out of order.
Why don’t they work with Republicans to craft legislation and override the president’s veto? Why are the people in charge pretending one branch of government can control all the others?

Imagine if Obama were declaring a national gun emergency and usurping power regarding that issue? I wouldn't put it past the next D president if this is the precedent that R's are going to allow Trump to set.

1547229210772.png

Imagine if Obama were declaring a national gun emergency and usurping power regarding that issue? I wouldn't put it past the next D president if this is the precedent that R's are going to allow Trump to set.

View attachment 188532
Show me where building a border wall violates a protected constitutional right and then we can consider it.

Show me where building a border wall violates a protected constitutional right and then we can consider it.

Who said anything about violating a protected constitutional right? I'm talking about usurping power to deal with a perceived issue, and there is a lot you can do about guns without violating the 2nd amendment.

Dumb dumb analogy. It isn’t the guns rights advocates job to pass legislation. It is Congress’s job to pass legislation and get the wheels of big government moving again.

Reactions: BigOrangeD

VN Store

Back