The Runner's thread

Yea, don’t think the logistics work to get that far south. You ever do any relay races Yank?

Btw, it was fun rocking my orange on Saturday in Lexington!
Nah, never really interested me. That and I don't have many people I'd want to run with lol

I bet

Nah, never really interested me. That and I don't have many people I'd want to run with lol

I bet
It’s a different atmosphere than halves/fulls/whatever. The time stuck in the van is where memories are made. Hopefully you get groups like I did for this one if anyone decides to do one. First full 12 member team relay I’ve done. Lots more time to rest than 6 man ultra teams

Reactions: volfannbama
It’s a different atmosphere than halves/fulls/whatever. The time stuck in the van is where memories are made. Hopefully you get groups like I did for this one if anyone decides to do one. First full 12 member team relay I’ve done. Lots more time to rest than 6 man ultra teams
Yea. Maybe once I settle down and can find a group

It's hard for me to wrap me head around running three times in one day. Plus, don't y'all stink?
Yeah, but there are major exchanges where you can shower, sleep etc. It's a blast. Highly suggest ranting on of thise mercedes sprinter I think they are called. Last time my crew had an arcadia. I wanted to trip people in one of those mb.

Three last night. Hoping the weather is starting to cool off and stay that way. It makes for much nicer runs.

Last edited:
6 miles tonight...in perfect weather.

Most proud of my son, 7th grader running vasity cross country for his school. Hit 25.16 in a 5k today. 2 minutes faster than last week on the same course. We will be really good once he figured out what he is doing.

Ran the Marine Corps Marathon this past Sunday. Highly recommended. Beautiful route, great support. A bit of a walk getting to the start line, but they do a good job considering the amount of people. My son did the 10k.

Good time.

Ran the Marine Corps Marathon this past Sunday. Highly recommended. Beautiful route, great support. A bit of a walk getting to the start line, but they do a good job considering the amount of people. My son did the 10k.

Good time.
I would’ve looked for you. I was cheering runners on between 24-25 right as you come up on the Pentagon. It’s my second favorite race

I would’ve looked for you. I was cheering runners on between 24-25 right as you come up on the Pentagon. It’s my second favorite race
Nice, thanks man. I ran the whole thing but my pace slowed around that point. Was nice to have that level of support there. I was happy with my time, qualified for an ultra I want to do in january.

Aaaaaaaaaand its not good. Had the follow up today after the MRI. Looking like surgery. And now I have an MRI scheduled for the other ankle.

Aaaaaaaaaand its not good. Had the follow up today after the MRI. Looking like surgery. And now I have an MRI scheduled for the other ankle.
That sucks man, sorry to hear. Ankles are the worst for runners, worst than knees. Hope your stuff goes well. Doctors can do some amazing stuff.

5.5 miles of a rough trail run.
Ive never been into trail running but qualified for a 31 mile trail in January during a recent marathon. Got alot of work to do, trail running is alot different than road running. I knew it would be just didnt know how much.

Any tips?

VN Store

Back