The Runner's thread

I run 2-3 times a week (when I’m not broken). Typically not longer than 5 miles. I ran a half on a whim one weekend and haven’t looked back since
That's pretty darn impressive. I've not gone much over 10 miles before, and that has taken some work to get to. I guess I could cut my pace way back and try to go long, but I'd be a little worried about an overuse injury.

Reactions: WRU
That's pretty darn impressive. I've not gone much over 10 miles before, and that has taken some work to get to. I guess I could cut my pace way back and try to go long, but I'd be a little worried about an overuse injury.

Anything past 10 miles for me starts to hurt.

Tempo run with my oldest yesterday afternoon. He is trying to get faster for his cross country meets. He ran his first one last Thursday and finished 10th out of 140 boys. He finished his mile in 7:12.

6 awesome miles in the light rain today. I really enjoy running in a little drizzle while it's still fairly warm out.

Also, I splurged this evening and upgraded to the Bose wireless soundsport earbuds. I am just tired of wrestling with my yurbuds. I know the question of headphones has comes up here a few times, so I'll report back after a couple runs.

Addendum: I had to charge and listen through them tonight....VERY impressive sound with surprising bass. I can honestly say they sound much better than my son's Beats buds. The silicone wing fit is very stable and comfortable. Obviously, I haven't been active or sweated in them yet, though.

Last edited:
I never trained for a half (I’ve done about 13 now) or a full (just one).

I would definitely train for a full if I ever do one again.

I didn't train for the half I ran either, tho at the time I was running very well. I finished the half strong, but it was rough going near the end and I thought it was probably a mistake to neglect focusing on training. Next time I run a half or longer I'm definitely training for it.

Did a 5k run yeterday it was so friggin humid. Ive done a 10k once but my goal is to do a 10 mile run by the end of the year. I am not fast by any means and short legs don't help but at 45 I sure am trying to run while I still can.

Did a 5k run yeterday it was so friggin humid. Ive done a 10k once but my goal is to do a 10 mile run by the end of the year. I am not fast by any means and short legs don't help but at 45 I sure am trying to run while I still can.

find a training plan that works for you and just do your best to stick to it as much as possible. Don't freak out if you fall a week behind, just find a way to catch back up within reason. Adding speed work and some core workouts will help tremendously with endurance. @kiddiedoc the same applies for you in considering doing a half marathon.

Reactions: volfannbama
find a training plan that works for you and just do your best to stick to it as much as possible. Don't freak out if you fall a week behind, just find a way to catch back up within reason. Adding speed work and some core workouts will help tremendously with endurance. @kiddiedoc the same applies for you in considering doing a half marathon.
I lift about 3 days a week and run shorter distances those days and try to do longer runs (5k to 5 miles) twice a week. I do the ab wheel a lot I can tell that seems to help. I just need to up my distances and once it cools off I will start to stretch it.

I lift about 3 days a week and run shorter distances those days and try to do longer runs (5k to 5 miles) twice a week. I do the ab wheel a lot I can tell that seems to help. I just need to up my distances and once it cools off I will start to stretch it.
nailed it

Reactions: bignewt
Three last night for the first time in a week. Life has been getting in the way. Gotta get back to running before work so I will stop missing.

Cumberland/Neyland Drive? That would be a fun route...Are there sidewalks the whole way? It's nasty hot and humid; are you waiting until evening?

I stay off the streets as much as I can - I'll run the greenways until I exit Tyson park then I'm running on Neyland Drive. I do the running after work, so it's usually around 6 or 7 when I start.

Just posted in the RF about the run yesterday. Did about 10 miles in an hour and a half. Nice and easy pace, and once the sun went down the cooler air was perfect for running. Decided to run by the stadium and back up Cumberland Ave to see what kind of crowds we had around town. It did not seem like a typical Florida weekend, I didn't see any gators fans walking around.

Right at 7 late last night, and the Bose buds are incredible. Huge, clear sound, and I never even touched them.

Hit a quick and easy 5 mile run yesterday. The cooler temperatures are making the runs so much more easier. I'll do a 5k tomorrow running at pace after I hit the gym. Then this Saturday it's time for my weekly long run of 10-15 miles

VN Store

Back