The Rock/Metal Thread

Little nephew (12) is getting into GnR..makes an uncle proud. He is on Appetite for Destruction..but I've always held the Use Your Illusion albums in high regard, bring back lots of memories.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
Little nephew (12) is getting into GnR..makes an uncle proud. He is on Appetite for Destruction..but I've always held the Use Your Illusion albums in high regard, bring back lots of memories.

If they had combined the best songs from 1 and 2 into one album it wouldve been amazing. But as 2 separate albums there's just too much filler.

That’s the song that officially got me into GNR.
I saw them OPEN for Aerosmith in 1988 at Starwood Amphitheater in Nashville. Blew me away.

Immediately became my second favorite band.....behind KISS.
"Rocket Queen" is my 2nd favorite song ever..............behind "Suspicious Minds" by Elvis.:)

Changed my world as a 16YO and a was a newbie guitarist. From Nooga, picked up 96 Rock in Atlanta and Melissa played these first two albums like crazy...and that voice of hers made one teenager hormones rage...lol.

Saw one of the final shows at Birmingham Coliseum just a week or so before RR passing. Two freaking kids with fake id's and beer sold on the floor which somehow we partook. A crowd of maybe 5K and maybe 1/3 black.

And the next morning woke up at my friends grandparents house and had to go to mass..I am not even Catholic....lol.

VN Store

Back