The Rock/Metal Thread

I am not a religious person at all but this album kind of scares the $hit out of me and I purposely stay far away from it. I can tolerate most anything when it comes to music, but considering what went down with this band, this album almost feels cursed to me. There is a real, palatable vibe of evil that surrounds this album and that band and when I try to listen to it I feel like Im doing something "wrong".

Last edited:
I am not a religious person at all but this album kind of scares the $hit out of me and I purposely stay far away from it. I can tolerate most anything when it comes to music, but considering what went down with this band, this album almost feels cursed to me. There is a real, palatable vibe of evil that surrounds this album and that band and when I try to listen to it I feel like Im doing something "wrong".

This album is a masterpiece. To me, it is “the” black metal album. Pelles suicide, the murder of euronymous, the church burnings, and all the other stuff surrounding mayhem and some of the others in the scene at that time are tragic, interesting… many words to describe all that lol… but the album is brilliant and timeless.

This album is a masterpiece. To me, it is “the” black metal album. Pelles suicide, the murder of euronymous, the church burnings, and all the other stuff surrounding mayhem and some of the others in the scene at that time are tragic, interesting… many words to describe all that lol… but the album is brilliant and timeless.

LOL I'll take your word for it.

Reactions: 615vols
If you're religous...Mayhem is the last band you want to associate with..

Reactions: norrislakevol
Clayman is ****ing awesome! So is Colony and Whoracle! Old school In Flames was so great! I'm still chasing that guitar tone they got on Clayman!

F@@k yes! Old school In Flames was awesome! Whoracle, Clayman, Colony, great albums. My favorite is Subterranean. That checked off all the boxes for me.

Reactions: Brave Volunteer
This week I convinced a group of federal executives to have our meeting in LA instead of SLC. First victory in my new job.

F@@k yes! Old school In Flames was awesome! Whoracle, Clayman, Colony, great albums. My favorite is Subterranean. That checked off all the boxes for me.
Stand Ablaze is my number 1 In Flames song. I think that Henke Forss did an incredible job with his vocals. Lots of anger and despair and brutality at the same time.

Reactions: FLVOL_79

VN Store

Back