The Righteous Gemstones HBO

If you are not a fan of Eastbound and Down and Vice Principals, you can stop reading now. If you are....

The latest from the Danny MacBride/Jody Hill/David Gordon Green gang had it's premiere Sunday and it is HILARIOUS. I laughed my ass off. It's hour long episodes which is amazing they can keep up the humor that long but oh baby do they. Cast is exceptional and there is lots to mine from televangelists for sure. Home run again by these guys!
*McBride

The kid playing Jesse in this episode sounds exactly like Danny McBride.
He’s fantastic. It’s not just the voice, he even nails his mannerisms perfectly.

I loved that the origin story of Kelvin’s ridiculous hair is just that Baby Billy made fun of his haircut when he was four years old. Also, Baby Billy wearing one of those sweatshirts on Christmas morning that smokers got for cashing in their Marlboro miles. Nice.

I’m pretty convinced the Lissons are behind motorcycle ninja assassins. They want to take Eli out so Jesse can invest in their time shares.

I’m pretty convinced the Lissons are behind motorcycle ninja assassins. They want to take Eli out so Jesse can invest in their time shares.
That’s what I think too, but that almost seems so obvious that I wonder if it isn’t misdirection. Also still trying to figure out how Harmon fits into the bigger picture of this season. Whenever he does show back up, I really hope the rumors of who is playing the adult version turn out to be true.

Reactions: bignewt
This last episode might be the best of the series. The first couple of episodes this season wasn't the best, but they've really picked it up. Baby Billy adds so much to the show, and the lady playing his wife is great too

Reactions: BenGrimm
This last episode might be the best of the series. The first couple of episodes this season wasn't the best, but they've really picked it up. Baby Billy adds so much to the show, and the lady playing his wife is great too

They’ve definitely utilized Aunt Tiffany much better this season.

Reactions: vols 30
That’s what I think too, but that almost seems so obvious that I wonder if it isn’t misdirection. Also still trying to figure out how Harmon fits into the bigger picture of this season. Whenever he does show back up, I really hope the rumors of who is playing the adult version turn out to be true.

I hadn’t heard the rumors of adult Harmon but I was definitely grinning when he showed up.

I enjoyed the finale. It had some great call backs to the earlier episodes that had me rolling.

It did feel like the plot wrapped a little abruptly though. Still ended on a high note for the family as opposed to last season.

did she know she was expecting?

Yeah. She was far along enough she was trying remedies for inducement. She's crazy. She was having contractions the night before and her husband couldn't get her to go to the hospital. She thought it wasn't time yet. It came quick when it came.

Im halfway through the 3rd season. Just watched the flashback episode last night. Those are some of my favorites actually.

It’s been said before but the kid that plays young Jesse is spot on a mini Danny McBride.

I’ve also had “Thar will come a payday” in my head for days.

the fight scene in season three was such bonkers madness. I laughed till my side hurt.

I enjoyed Season 3, but felt like it wasn’t quite as good as Season 2. Not enough Baby Billy this time around, and was lacking an absolute standout episode like BJ’s baptism in S2.

always need more Baby Billy I agree. There were two or three outstanding episodes surrounded by just good episodes.

BJ going to fight Stephen was pretty standout 😂

Anytime Baby Billy and Aunt Tiffany get some screen time is great. I like Keef a lot too.

Reactions: n_huffhines
The season finale wrapped like it was a series finale although I did see it was already picked up for a 4th season. Apparently this 3rd season was the most watched so far.

VN Store

Back