The Righteous Gemstones HBO

Go crazy 8 on my prostate? .

“Not that little finger, now, the big one!”

Except Jesse was trying to get glory for coming clean, LOL. .

Well he did it because he felt bad about Gideon taking the fall it in typical McBride character fashion he had to make it about himself at the same time.

Sad to see Scotty go and hopefully BJ sticks around. Two of my favorite characters. Fun fact, Levi is Jody Hill.

I hope Keith comes back.

I haven’t even finished the season finale yet, but holy **** that Outback scene . There are no word that do it justice.

That was a solid finale. I want another season but that could have very well ended the show.

That was a solid finale. I want another season but that could have very well ended the show.

Agree. And sometimes when I say that on some shows, I wish later they had gone ahead and ended it.

Goggins has been (and is becoming more widely seen as) one of the best out there for a while. I first remember him in Daddy & Them. That might be my favorite comedy ever ("They're trying to prize me out" after JC dropped his Molly Hatchet tape under the seat, reached for it, and collided with the line dancers in that dually...Claude "I can't even have a head-on collision in peace" HAHAHAHA). Laura Dern, Billy Bob, Andy Griffith, John Prine, Jim Varney, Kelly Preston (great in that) made that a good'un. I love the courtroom scene, too, with Varney when Goggins' character calls him a "$hit kicking redneck." And I might never forget Andy Griffith talk about Cousin Junior gettin' gangbanged at the lockup. HA

Of course, Boyd Crowder is a GREAT character, too, as were the Bennetts. I'd like to see Goggins in Fargo.
Edit: If David Lynch ever casts him, that could also be interesting.

I read somewhere a while back that Goggins, Thornton, and Terry Funk were all distantly related. If so, those are some damn fine entertainment genes right there.

Definitely going to be another season, IMO. The cops need to investigate. Jesse needs to get his wife back. Kelvin needs to come out of the closet.

That first season was so long ago I probably need to rewatch it.

Just watched the 2nd episode. A lot better than the 1st. Hilarious.

Edi Patterson makes this show imo

Reactions: bignewt
Attempted to watch Ep. 1. Big fan of Danny McBride's old stuff. Even liked the 1st half of Gemstones 1st season. Just got really dumb and repetitive.

Wish they'd have made a 3rd season of VP. Great show.

Rewatched the first season with my wife and she loved it. Generally she will fall asleep after one episode of any given show but she kept saying “let’s watch one more”. Really is a solid show that ends perfectly.

Caught up on the 3 episodes of S2 and it seems like the characters learned no lessons from S1. Some nice new elements like Eli’s past as a wrestler and the other mega church couple. Still some good chuckles and dialog but something feels off for this season.

I thought season 1 had some pretty big peaks and valleys and I've totally enjoyed season 2 so far.

VN Store

Back