The Reason Fulmer is Retiring

These days, it seems like they hammer coaches more than the university. It's yet to be seen what the outcome will be and how much of a penalty we draw.

Your post makes it seem as though Freeze is at the top of the list. After the 'integrity' speech at the presser, I would have to think that would disqualify him completely, and I'm not sure he was ever desired by anyone except the fans.

Anyone who thinks Frieze has a shot is high on glue.

The boosters have spoken. And Fulmer not only had to go, but was forced to do so because he was unwilling to hire Hugh Freeze. And instead, he tried to hang on to Pruitt for as long as he could, relying on convincing them that Pruitt was the way forward for now. Once he wasn't going to be able to do so, it was over for him, just as much as it was for Pruitt.

Mark this post. Even if the topic gets merged, this particular story and more specific information will come to light.

Edit: Considering the hammer that's coming down on us, barring any incredible contract offer, it's unlikely that Freeze is interested in the job until this is behind us.
Thanks but you are wrong. Fulmer is stepping down because he has to plus it's time since his coach didn't work.

What better way to redeem your reputation than to coach at a Christian School, which is what HF is doing at Liberty University. Anyone on this Board seen that campus?

My step daughter's uncle is a professor there and if I'm not mistaken he is like vice chancellor.

With all due respect, you're full of shiznit. So yesterday you wondered how Freeze felt then miraculously today you have an uncle who personally knows Freeze and getting direct info? Puhleeze...what a pile of dung.

Freeze wants/wanted to be here. I wonder how the incoming violations/probations/etc. affect his interest.

Indeed. Freeze told my uncle he’s no longer interested due to the incoming infractions. So, I was wrong.

Reactions: The Hound
Ah yes. 3 years after staging a moral coup to prevent the hiring of Greg Schiano, we will fire Pruitt for cause based on recruiting violations and hire the most widely publicized cheater (cause he got caught) to replace him.

Yah. Makes perfect sense.

I get your point, but this is Tennessee hiring a football coach. Logic does not necessarily apply.

The boosters have spoken. And Fulmer not only had to go, but was forced to do so because he was unwilling to hire Hugh Freeze. And instead, he tried to hang on to Pruitt for as long as he could, relying on convincing them that Pruitt was the way forward for now. Once he wasn't going to be able to do so, it was over for him, just as much as it was for Pruitt.

Mark this post. Even if the topic gets merged, this particular story and more specific information will come to light.

Edit: Considering the hammer that's coming down on us, barring any incredible contract offer, it's unlikely that Freeze is interested in the job until this is behind us.
The fact that Phil-o-Potamus sucked as AD didn't help either. A suck@$$ AD hires a suck@$$ HC. What could go wrong?

One of the reasons...
mlZKuIU.jpg

If that's the case then Steele is going to be the long term head coach since Big Kat transferred here knowing Pruitt was likely gone
Maybe both are true. Most certainly Steele will be here. Even if just the DC, Bug Kat would come.
That doesn't exclude the possibility of the Hooker/Freeze connection.

SO. MANY. JOKES. POSSIBLE. HERE.
But I said we should let Fulmer retire without sniping or disrespect so I guess I am bound by my own admonition to be classy and graceful. I will close my book on Fulmer’s public role in UT Athletic s by thanking him for some of my best memories of Vol Football and wishes him success in whatever he chooses to pursue next. You have worked in a brutal and tough business and I realize that it is far far easier for us fans to criticize than it ever is for you to do your very hard job. Long life and happiness Coach Fulmer. All the best

How about naming the boosters that want Hugh Freeze. Got a link?

LOL. Mark my words, it's going to be Hugh Freeze - quickly followed by it would have been Hugh Freeze, but he likely won't accept the job. I love all the phony insiders trying to gain e-cred.

Reactions: volintears
The university would look real stupid in court hiring someone who was previously fired for recruiting violations, to replace someone who was fired for the same reason. Take this to the bank as much as think it would be a great choice, he WILL NOT be hired at Tennessee. Did you listen to the presser the university is about integrity, we are looking for saints.
All saints have a past and all sinners have a future. What happened to forgiveness ? No blue font nether. How long must he pay for what he did ?

VN Store

Back