The Rap/Hip-Hop thread

Reactions: FLVOL_79
I just recently got into the Beastie Boys. I was a casual fan, but didnโ€™t know much about them. I was blown away at just how much they influenced the hip hop community, and that even groups like NWA and Wu Tang Clan loved them. They also gave the most hilarious interviews, making up everything and keeping completely straight faces.

I'm an old rap head since the late 80s. I mostly listen to old school, I don't like most artists of the past 20 years. Just ain't for me. Here are some of my favorite artists.

We're in the midst of one of the greatest rap beefs of all time. Cliff notes:

J Cole put himself in a big 3 with Kendrick and Drake

Kendrick says "it's just big me"

J Cole makes a diss track and then recants and apologizes. What??

Drake comes out with a pretty good diss track which is more or less "you're short and I sell more records" and while this is going on, before Kendrick responds, a ton of rappers are committing their allegiance to Kendrick. Rick Ross decided to jump in and do a diss track. Anyway, here is Drake's diss:

and here is Kendrick's response, which dropped today. Wanna see a dead body?

Iโ€™ll be honest, I would have ranked it Cole, Kendrick, Drake prior to this based on lyricism. The industry has successfully made Drake the underdog and I am all Drake at this point. Hope the next one he drops is nasty.

VN Store

Back