The QB that should be starting for us is doing amazing things at Indiana

He may have but not the talent or ability. People are pissed. Seems like Pruitt doesn’t know what’s best for his team.
CJP is in way over his head as a head coach. He has lost the locker room and overall control of the program. UT can’t afford to fire him so buckle up buttercup, this is just the beginning of an epic journey downward....again for UT football.

Penix was 19/36 with 170 yards 1td and 1 pick. With negative 18 yards rushing. They won the game but come on.

Yeah, he was absolutely awful - take the outcome of the game out of the comparison, JG played better vs. Alabama than Penix did against an extremely overrated Ped State team.

Reactions: feathersax
CJP is in way over his head as a head coach. He has lost the locker room and overall control of the program. UT can’t afford to fire him so buckle up buttercup, this is just the beginning of an epic journey downward....again for UT football.

Lol stop trolling. We're 2-3 with only one of the losses being bad. The other two were essentially chalk for what was expected at the beginning of the year. We have our second consecutive Top 10 recruiting class coming in.
We went 0-8 in the SEC 3 years ago.

The one time they opened it up late in the third Qtr we had a touchdown scoring drive. Then they closed it down again. You have to try. I really cannot compare the offensive game plan tonight to anything I have ever seen in 5 decades of watching football. I simply cannot understand the coaches mentality.

Pruitt meddles in the play calling on both sides of the ball. He simply has no clue what he is doing and is a micromanager. It can work with that style of leadership if you are successful but so far Pruitt has little to show for it.

Pruitt meddles in the play calling on both sides of the ball. He simply has no clue what he is doing and is a micromanager. It can work with that style of leadership if you are successful but so far Pruitt has little to show for it.
It's kind of weird after he has said in post games that he has to watch the film because he can't judge what's going on while on the field.

JG played better than Penix today. People are so guilble.
JG had all day to throw and had wide open receivers. That's the only time he performs well. We need someone much better if we are ever going to compete with the best teams in this conference

Reactions: 08Vol
Th
JG didn't make any big mistakes today and actually threw the deep ball very well. I thought our play calling was especially questionable. We ran on 3rd and long so many times and actually got a few first downs in the first half but I would think you'd throw 9 out of 10 times on 3rd and 7 or more. I guess they are afraid of JG making a mistake.
. There goes, 3d and long. Same ole, same ole. Don’t throw on first or second. Be predictable as usual. Lucky to win another. 2d to last in nation on 3d down conversions. No energy.

Reactions: 08Vol
Yeah, he was absolutely awful - take the outcome of the game out of the comparison, JG played better vs. Alabama than Penix did against an extremely overrated Ped State team.

Let me guess, Penn State was over rated since they don’t play in the SEC.

Let me guess, Penn State was over rated since they don’t play in the SEC.
Penn State was overrated because they were ranked #8 and lost to an unranked Indiana squad who we beat in their last outing.

So either Indiana is the #7 team in the nation, or Penn State at #8 was overrated.

I can sound it out phonetically for you if necessary.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Yeah Penix was not great. 52% completion, 170 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT. Honestly there's no way they should have won that game. More than doubled up on yards and time of possession. They did force one extra turnover and had a lot less penalties.

Lol stop trolling. We're 2-3 with only one of the losses being bad. The other two were essentially chalk for what was expected at the beginning of the year. We have our second consecutive Top 10 recruiting class coming in.
We went 0-8 in the SEC 3 years ago.[/QUOTE
Hope I’m wrong. The Arky game will tell if the team has lost confidence in CJP. Can’t have two standards of play, one for JG and one for the rest of the team.

For sure. I think Arkansas is a prime example of a program that wasn't as bad as their previous coach made them look. One competent hire and they jumped up from 14th to 9-10 range in the league, about where their talent likely is. Their defense is comparable to Kentucky imo, so should be a good litmus test.

Just like the praise for Leach and Kiffin needed a brake pump, so does the praise for this kid. Yeah he did fine, but some here are acting like he's a Heisman candidate after that game. Maybe he gets there, but it's not like he was lights out tonight. Penn St.'s own stupidity lost them this game, if their RB slides down instead of scoring when IU let them, then IU probably loses.

He may have but not the talent or ability. People are pissed. Seems like Pruitt doesn’t know what’s best for his team.

Not really sure how good.....or not good Pruitt “could” be.......but his stubbornness with the QB position is killing him softly.

VN Store

Back