The QB that should be starting for us is doing amazing things at Indiana

GBOplayer

Michael Penix Jr.

For those who are not familiar with this name...he was a highly touted UT commit in 2017. However, once Coach Pruitt took over he decided he did not want Michael Penix and he took his talents to Indiana. Now this dual threat QB is doing amazing things at Indiana...they just beat Penn State today..Hindsight is 20/20 but he would look great in UT orange this year.

Michael Penix Jr.

For those who are not familiar with this name...he was a highly touted UT commit in 2017. However, once Coach Pruitt took over he decided he did not want Michael Penix and he took his talents to Indiana. Now this dual threat QB is doing amazing things at Indiana...they just beat Penn State today..Hindsight is 20/20 but he would look great in UT orange this year.

He'd have a butt full of bench. Pruitt isn't playing anyone besides JG until he is out of eligibility. He's shown incredible favoritism towards him.

JG didn't make any big mistakes today and actually threw the deep ball very well. I thought our play calling was especially questionable. We ran on 3rd and long so many times and actually got a few first downs in the first half but I would think you'd throw 9 out of 10 times on 3rd and 7 or more. I guess they are afraid of JG making a mistake.

Reactions: theFallGuy
JG didn't make any big mistakes today and actually threw the deep ball very well. I thought our play calling was especially questionable. We ran on 3rd and long so many times and actually got a few first downs in the first half but I would think you'd throw 9 out of 10 times on 3rd and 7 or more. I guess they are afraid of JG making a mistake.
WIIIIIIIIIDe open wideouts. My decrepit unathletic ass could have made those throws!

Reactions: igotworms and 08Vol

With good reason. As long as JG is the QB that is the play calling we are getting.

The one time they opened it up late in the third Qtr we had a touchdown scoring drive. Then they closed it down again. You have to try. I really cannot compare the offensive game plan tonight to anything I have ever seen in 5 decades of watching football. I simply cannot understand the coaches mentality.

The one time they opened it up late in the third Qtr we had a touchdown scoring drive. Then they closed it down again. You have to try. I really cannot compare the offensive game plan tonight to anything I have ever seen in 5 decades of watching football. I simply cannot understand the coaches mentality.[/QUOTE]
I’m mad about it but I don’t really know who to be mad at! Is it Pruit dictating what the offense does,? is it Chaney ? Is JG really the best option at QB and they both think so? Are they split on it? Do they think there best option limits them that much?
I wish i could bug the office and hear what they say behind closed doors

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I guess your probably right

VN Store

Back