The QB that should be starting for us is doing amazing things at Indiana

Penn State was overrated because they were ranked #8 and lost to an unranked Indiana squad who we beat in their last outing.

So either Indiana is the #7 team in the nation, or Penn State at #8 was overrated.

I can sound it out phonetically for you if necessary.

Penn State out gained them by 250 yards. Penn State lost b/c their RB scored a TD instead of taking a knee.

I know it’s a hard concept for some slower people to grasp but the better team doesn’t always win.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Michael Penix Jr.

For those who are not familiar with this name...he was a highly touted UT commit in 2017. However, once Coach Pruitt took over he decided he did not want Michael Penix and he took his talents to Indiana. Now this dual threat QB is doing amazing things at Indiana...they just beat Penn State today..Hindsight is 20/20 but he would look great in UT orange this year.

They beat Pee UUUUU because James Franklin was too stupid to have his QB take a knee for 3 plays....and that's a FACT!

JG didn't make any big mistakes today and actually threw the deep ball very well. I thought our play calling was especially questionable. We ran on 3rd and long so many times and actually got a few first downs in the first half but I would think you'd throw 9 out of 10 times on 3rd and 7 or more. I guess they are afraid of JG making a mistake.

That is exactly why, they are afraid of jg making a mistake, jg drags the whole team down. He can't do good things consistantly.

Now all the love for Penix. Lot of Penix hugging in this thread . Everyone wanting to jump on Penix as the next big thing . For most of the day yesterday looked rather impotent , some might even say Penix was flaccid.

Penix was 19/36 with 170 yards 1td and 1 pick. With negative 18 yards rushing. They won the game but come on.
You posted his stats but did you watch the game? The kid made plays when it mattered, hence the win. Having watching JG all these years you should know that stats are misleading. I will say having watched the game, Penix had no problems trying to make things happen and showed a will to win. No fear and no deer in the headlights look.

He actually didn't play great but would love to have him.

Way better than Shrout or BM.

Helton chose Shrout over him. Not Pruitt.

The QB that should be starting for TN is Trevor Lawrence, He did not fit Butch’s system, remember. I thought Mauer/JG added something extra with their legs Saturday that kept drives going, but too little.

Reactions: k-town_king
The QB that should be starting for TN is Trevor Lawrence, He did not fit Butch’s system, remember. I thought Mauer/JG added something extra with their legs Saturday that kept drives going, but too little.
Wouldn’t have mattered if he’d have fit. He was going UGA or Clemson. We didn’t turn him down...that’s a myth.

You posted his stats but did you watch the game? The kid made plays when it mattered, hence the win. Having watching JG all these years you should know that stats are misleading. I will say having watched the game, Penix had no problems trying to make things happen and showed a will to win. No fear and no deer in the headlights look.
He is still just an average qb

Penn State out gained them by 250 yards. Penn State lost b/c their RB scored a TD instead of taking a knee.

I know it’s a hard concept for some slower people to grasp but the better team doesn’t always win.
Let’s not forget that Penn State has had their top 5 draft pick opt out and they lost a great offensive player due to some sort of illness, I don’t think C19 related .

Reactions: 08Vol
Penix wasn't great in that game as far as stats go, but with the game on the line in the 4th and OT he took the ball in his hands, showed great situational and field awareness to lead his team to a win.

It's intangibles like that our QBs seem not to have.
Also FWIW, we need a coach like Tom Allen...a coach his men would run through brick walls through.

I would rather have the Indiana QB that played against us and transferred, Peyton Ramsey.

Lol stop trolling. We're 2-3 with only one of the losses being bad. The other two were essentially chalk for what was expected at the beginning of the year. We have our second consecutive Top 10 recruiting class coming in.
We went 0-8 in the SEC 3 years ago.
With only one of the losses being bad? All three of our losses have been bad losses. We've been beaten 126-45

Lawrence chose Clemson over us. We were in his top 3 but he was never a commitment

Watching Penix play very well against a fast UM defense (though I’m sure they are overrated and not on par with even above average SEC defenses) and I can’t help but wonder about Sheridan and how a 32 yr old that was a GA here can manage to develop a kid like Penix Jr and put a very solid offensive gameplan on the field every week. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Watching Penix play very well against a fast UM defense (though I’m sure they are overrated and not on par with Evan above average SEC defenses) and I can’t help but wonder about Sheridan and how a 32 yr old that was a GA here can manage to develop a kid like Penix Jr and put a very solid offensive gameplan on the field every week. Thoughts?
Served as QB coach here and we bisched about it. That grass in Indiana.

Reactions: 2GeeZ4VolZ

VN Store

Back