The perfect new UT coach is unemployed

he married his wife who was a UT cheerleader. I will take Little Chuckies in UT outfits as well.:rock:

UMMM Gruden won the SB with Dungy's team we all know that...Tomlinson had more points by himself then the Bucs had this year. Jon is known offense and it's not working he is not a good coach
Yeah, Dungy really won with those guys. He had them all for five years and won squat. It took Gruden one year to win a Super Bowl with an aging, overrated defense and a mediocre offense. But, you're right. Look at all the championships Dungy has won in Indianapolis. Gutter franchises like Tampa don't deserve guys like Gruden. They should stick with losers like Dungy.

this is like the 4th time you've posted that w/ nothing behind it. again roper is highly touted by all of his peers and it's his first year. There's very few barry sanders in this world that can be 1000 yd backs w/out an offensive line. wake up and realize the problem has been evident for the past few years

highly touted?

he's the son of a former UT assistant coach and thats likely the reason he was able to get into div 1 coaching this early. I didn't see anything on his resume that indicated he would be highly touted. Brooks wasn't heralded for the geat assistants he was producing at Kentucky that I remember.

Gruden got his start because his dad was a respected former assistant NFL coach. I'm not a big fan of nepatism, nothing against Gruden. I have a lot more respect for people who have to make their breaks, not because their dad opened doors for them.

Gruden got his start because his dad was a respected former assistant NFL coach. I'm not a big fan of nepatism, nothing against Gruden. I have a lot more respect for people who have to make their breaks, not because their dad opened doors for them.
Yeah, his dad really had a lot to do with that Super Bowl win.

Yeah, Dungy really won with those guys. He had them all for five years and won squat. It took Gruden one year to win a Super Bowl with an aging, overrated defense and a mediocre offense. But, you're right. Look at all the championships Dungy has won in Indianapolis. Gutter franchises like Tampa don't deserve guys like Gruden. They should stick with losers like Dungy.

Five years and never a losing season and pro bowl defensive players...Overrated defense TB never finished out of the top 10 in total defense while Dungy was there....Gruden has done nothing but draft offensive players and let the defense get old....I'll take Dungy and winning rather then Gruden and losing

Five years and never a losing season and pro bowl defensive players...Overrated defense TB never finished out of the top 10 in total defense while Dungy was there....Gruden has done nothing but draft offensive players and let the defense get old....I'll take Dungy and winning rather then Gruden and losing
So, like most Fulmerites, championships mean nothing to you. Just string together a bunch of meaningless, "winning" seasons and all is well. That's why UT is getting exactly what they deserve right now.

Five years and never a losing season and pro bowl defensive players
How many Super Bowl trips did that get you? Nada, none, zilch. Nothing but meaningless stats and individual accolades. I can see now why you're such a Fulmer supporter. What he's turned UT into is right up your alley.

I like Grudens intense attitude on the field. I think he would be a good college football coach.

UMMM Gruden won the SB with Dungy's team we all know that...Tomlinson had more points by himself then the Bucs had this year. Jon is known offense and it's not working he is not a good coach

I mean seriously what did you expect with Simms and Gradkowski (sp) at QB. I see they signed Simms to a 2 year contract. So sad.

All defenses have to do is key on Williams and pressure Gradkowski (sp) and makes him screw up like rookies do.

So how does Charlie Weis go from not even playing football to being the head coach at the most recognizable College Football team in the world?

I know what he did with the Pats and all but how did he get started?

Fisher is a hell of a coach. If he came to Knoxville, I'd meet him at the airport........ehhh maybe not but I'd be happy.

I'd crawl from Alabama, backward if that were to happen. Unfortunately, like the movie "Groundhog Day" we will wake up each fall with a bigger (but not better) CPF on the sidelines.:banghead2:

I'd crawl from Alabama, backward if that were to happen. Unfortunately, like the movie "Groundhog Day" we will wake up each fall with a bigger (but not better) CPF on the sidelines.:banghead2:

What's this love affair with Fisher? Four winning seasons in 12 years and he's a god?

I'd be careful crawling backwards in Alabama...some folks might take that as an invitation

So how does Charlie Weis go from not even playing football to being the head coach at the most recognizable College Football team in the world?

I know what he did with the Pats and all but how did he get started?

Charlie Weis was teaching English at Morristown High School in New Jersey when he learned of an opening as a freshman football coach.

After five seasons at Morristown, Weis left to coach for the University of South Carolina's Joe Morrison. It was in Columbia, S.C. that Weis earned a master's degree in education while working as a graduate assistant position coach and assistant recruiting coordinator.

But in 1989, Morrison passed away, and Weis found himself without a job. He eventually found a head coaching position at Franklin Township High School, where he led the team to the New Jersey state championship while working in the New York Giants pro-personnel department.

One year later, he was working with the Giants full-time after head coach Bill Parcells offered him a position as the assistant special teams and defensive assistant coach in 1990. Giants tight end Mark Bavaro, a 1985 Notre Dame graduate, helped the Giants win the Super Bowl that year. He remembers Weis as a guy he could relate to because of their Irish ties.

Charlie Weis was teaching English at Morristown High School in New Jersey when he learned of an opening as a freshman football coach.

After five seasons at Morristown, Weis left to coach for the University of South Carolina's Joe Morrison. It was in Columbia, S.C. that Weis earned a master's degree in education while working as a graduate assistant position coach and assistant recruiting coordinator.

But in 1989, Morrison passed away, and Weis found himself without a job. He eventually found a head coaching position at Franklin Township High School, where he led the team to the New Jersey state championship while working in the New York Giants pro-personnel department.

One year later, he was working with the Giants full-time after head coach Bill Parcells offered him a position as the assistant special teams and defensive assistant coach in 1990. Giants tight end Mark Bavaro, a 1985 Notre Dame graduate, helped the Giants win the Super Bowl that year. He remembers Weis as a guy he could relate to because of their Irish ties.
Joe Morrison was a hell of a football coach. If he hadn't passed away, the history of South Carolina football would have been very different.

VN Store

Back