The perfect new UT coach is unemployed

this is like the 4th time you've posted that w/ nothing behind it. again roper is highly touted by all of his peers and it's his first year. There's very few barry sanders in this world that can be 1000 yd backs w/out an offensive line. wake up and realize the problem has been evident for the past few years

Can you post a link on Roper..
Because here's some facts.
At KY and Ole Miss he coached QB's. Prior to that he coached DB's at Tennessee and he played QB and DB at Rice..No where has he ever coahed or played RB....

With all that experience here's where he's taken our running game, it's ranked 95th out of 119 D1 schools.

I think it also has to do with who we played Coker should have been the starter, especially in the bowl game.

which isn't roper's call either. plus coker was in trouble w/ fulmer and that's why he didn't start. look at the line man. it's dreadful. give roper his shot w/ a good O-line and see what the backs become. Plus I've heard that Coker just isn't getting the pass blocking schemes and that was definitely needed in the bowl game. Let's see what Roper can do w/ him b4 next year.

which isn't roper's call either. plus coker was in trouble w/ fulmer and that's why he didn't start. look at the line man. it's dreadful. give roper his shot w/ a good O-line and see what the backs become. Plus I've heard that Coker just isn't getting the pass blocking schemes and that was definitely needed in the bowl game. Let's see what Roper can do w/ him b4 next year.

You and I both know Phil's not going to fire him, so we'll see what he does next year.

i just want some sustenance for your argument. then i might see a point.

Here's some facts.
The key being no experience at or with RB's.

At KY and Ole Miss he coached QB's. Prior to that he coached DB's at Tennessee and he played QB and DB at Rice..No where has he ever coahed or played RB....

With all that experience here's where he's taken our running game, it's ranked 95th out of 119 D1 schools.

I wouldn't say his last two stops at KY or Ole Miss have been hotbeds of coaching talent.

I bet you can't name one assiatant on either of those staff's (absent Sanders), if you don't do a search on the web.

sadly i know rick petri is d-line at UK...

you've given information finally. thanks. now tell me how any coach could do a good job w/ RB's w/ our O-line

1 Run to your hole.
2 Don't side step, and dance around in the backfiled
3 Make the first guy miss
4 Don't get arm tackled
5 Protect the football

I owe you one on knowing the UK coach...impressive

VN Store

Back