The Pembroke Postgame Report.

I'd love to be proven wrong but villanova will destroy us if they win tonight. I agree with hat that our half court D was strong tonight but, off the dribble, their backcourt will kill us. Our strength tonight was being really long getting out on a team that lives and dies by the 3. We're long and athletic but not fast enough after goins.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

9. Why the Hell was Doris Burke part of the broadcast?

Agree with this. she should stick to noon Big 10/11 football games not prime time basketball.

Another great sold performance with a team learning their rolls as a team.. GO VOLS!!

Tennessee had a whole lot to do with that.

I thought VCU took a lot of really bad shots. I remember several off balance beyond-NBA-range 3-pointers.

Maybe they make a high percentage of those on a regular basis?

Agree with this. she should stick to noon Big 10/11 football games not prime time basketball.
!!

For the 2nd time tonight, Burke and Pam ward are not the same person

I thought VCU took a lot of really bad shots. I remember several off balance beyond-NBA-range 3-pointers.

Maybe they make a high percentage of those on a regular basis?
They took bad shots in great part because that's all they could get. Tennessee seriously contested almost every reasonable shot they took.

They took bad shots in great part because that's all they could get. Tennessee seriously contested almost every reasonable shot they took.

I agree with your thoughts on tonights D but what do you think villanova will do to us on Friday? I don't think we can stay with them at all.

What did you think about Tobias?

BPV (I think it was) made a comment about his on-ball defense. He looked really slow to react at times.

What did you think about Tobias?

BPV (I think it was) made a comment about his on-ball defense. He looked really slow to react at times.
He's not a great athlete. He'll get beat off the dribble on occasion because of that.

I agree with your thoughts on tonights D but what do you think villanova will do to us on Friday? I don't think we can stay with them at all.
Pearl will have to give serious thought to playing Goins and Golden together. Otherwise, either Fisher or Wayns is going to cause huge problems getting into the lane.

Goins and Golden playing together would make complete sense if Scotty continues to play like he did tonight. His numbers were indicative of a SF. His oft-maligned ball control skills would be minimized in the role of the 3.

Pearl will have to give serious thought to playing Goins and Golden together. Otherwise, either Fisher or Wayns is going to cause huge problems getting into the lane.

I think fisher alone could eat us alive but I do agree with you about playing both together. If either got into foul trouble, w/o getting them to do the same, we'd be screwed. Even still it'd be a huge task for us on D. At least we've got that awesome half court O to lean on all year...........

Exactly who do you think McBee is going to beat off the dribble?

Ha valid point. To be honest I would rather us roll out 4 players and a blocking dummy than have mcbee but until mcrae matures it looks like thats what we are stuck with. And yes, I said a blocking dummy.

I don't understand all the McBee haters. No one on our team consistently plays perfect. When he is in he plays good D overall and his 3 ball will start dropping. He always brings good energy that helps the team. I just don't understand the bashing- he is a quality player!!

Yeah, I dogged BW a little after the UTC game, but luckily he played very well last night. Hope he keeps it up.

Good report as always. Doris Burke ruined the game for me. In fact, the entire crew did.

I agree the anouncers were terrible! With one bright spot, I believe it was franshilla that refferred to brian williams as "the dancing bear" pretty funny.

VN Store

Back