The Pembroke Postgame Report: Nothing But Pride Edition.

That's harder for me to say than it would be in basketball, since I'm not as confident as to who would have been available. Kevin Sumlin comes to mind.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Pretty sure we interviewed Sumlin. I have no idea if he turned it down or we didn't offer, but interest was there. Kiffin left us in a bad situation, and whoever we hired would have been a major question mark.

I hope hatvols predictions about Dooley are as accurate as his predictions about Pearl. After his "he will not be here 3 years from now" predictions were wrong, he stuck around. Now he is forced to stop saying Pearl cant coach. If Dooley has anywhere near the success Bruce has had, I will be ecstatic.

I hope hatvols predictions about Dooley are as accurate as his predictions about Pearl. After his "he will not be here 3 years from now" predictions were wrong, he stuck around. Now he is forced to stop saying Pearl cant coach. If Dooley has anywhere near the success Bruce has had, I will be ecstatic.

Read my above. This was my point, I'm just high and couldn't string the words together as eloquently as you were able to.

I wonder what Brian Williams' ceiling is. If he works on his body and his post moves I would argue he has a lot of room to grow from an ability standpoint. The guy could be a national name next year if he keeps his head on straight.

Hat good post to end the year on. Look forward to more positive posts next year. Thanks!!! And thanks to all the BB vols for one hell of a ride!!!! Way to make us proud!!:peace2:

Hat, does Bwill now equal a +1 in the PDev category?
He's looked fabulous the last three weeks. However, he's had stretches of really good play before. He's got to do it consistently. There's no doubt he's improved in his time here. I don't know that anyone has ever doubted that. It's the fact he can disappear for weeks at a time that's his problem.

Wow, IE just got owned (not like that's hard to do though). I normally don't like people quoting members of my ignore list, but this is entertaining.

Like I posted in another thread where you were stalking me, you using the hat-like "ignore-land" gimmick then quoting me supports everyone's opinion of you.

He's looked fabulous the last three weeks. However, he's had stretches of really good play before. He's got to do it consistently. There's no doubt he's improved in his time here. I don't know that anyone has ever doubted that. It's the fact he can disappear for weeks at a time that's his problem.

Wasn't it refreshing to see Brian go up and slam it these last couple of games instead of going up soft with the ball? It was really nice to see.

How'd that "John Calipari wouldn't win big in a league like the SEC" thing treat you this year?

Thanks for quoting me like ten times. I guess.

You have me confused - I never claimed Cal wouldn't win in the SEC. I may have said any success would likely be later removed by the NCAA. Although his in-game coaching leaves much to desire, there is no doubt his people can put a solid roster on the floor.

As for erroneous predictions - don't pull the high and mighty or I'll whip out the reminders of your pal Billy Clyde, The Great Oden, and Prince being a piece of trash throw out from Lute.

If history has proven anything, winning cures all ills. Pearl has done it, and I have faith that given time Dooley will have success that flies in your face as well.

Wasn't it refreshing to see Brian go up and slam it these last couple of games instead of going up soft with the ball? It was really nice to see.

Two months ago, I actually had an argument with a friend concerning Brian's ability to slam dunk. I lost due to not being able to specifically point to an example of him throwing one down.

Thanks for quoting me like ten times. I guess.

You have me confused - I never claimed Cal wouldn't win in the SEC. I may have said any success would likely be later removed by the NCAA. Although his in-game coaching leaves much to desire, there is no doubt his people can put a solid roster on the floor.

As for erroneous predictions - don't pull the high and mighty or I'll whip out the reminders of your pal Billy Clyde, The Great Oden, and Prince being a piece of trash throw out from Lute.

If history has proven anything, winning cures all ills. Pearl has done it, and I have faith that given time Dooley will have success that flies in your face as well.
Billy Clyde will be back and gainfully employed at a program with a rich history when the madatory 10 day posting period is over Friday. What's Fulmer doing? Waiting for Lifetime to pick up an option to make a made for TV movie about the recruitment of Michael Munoz?

Any chance............and I mean ANY CHANCE that this bball staff can get anything productive out of Woolridge next year..........please people, don't point to the Kansas game, that was a flash.

Any chance............and I mean ANY CHANCE that this bball staff can get anything productive out of Woolridge next year..........please people, don't point to the Kansas game, that was a flash.

Hope not, but only bc the washington bball team doesn't play the Usc fball team.

1. Another great, great college basketball game. That's not the result they wanted, but Tennessee did themselves and all of us proud.
2. Wayne Chism's college career is over. That is a very, very sad thing.
3. I've been one of JP Prince's biggest critics. This season would have come apart at the seams without his contributions.
4. Bobby Maze should take great pride in his play during this season. He was a key senior cog in a team that made history.
5. My hat's off to Melvin Goins. His defense in this tournament makes me confident the point guard position is in good hands in '10-'11.
6. I talk ad nauseum about the value of toughness. The two teams on the floor today were perfect examples of that concept.
7. This is now Brian Williams' team to lead. Getting in Scotty Hopson's face for big game cowardice is a step in the right direction.
8. Teams rarely break through the first time they get to the doorstep. This program showed they weren't frozen by the moment.
9. Bruce Pearl, great job. Just please keep the "controlled chaos" silliness in the closet permanently.
10. Anyone who wonders why I was so fervent in my wish to sign Jayvaughn Pinkston, I give you Draymon Green. Burly, powerful guys who can handle the ball and step out on the the floor are gold in the college game.

Great job as usual in your game analysis. I came on this board after a 4 hour drive from Georgia, where I watched the game. I came on this board expecting a lot of negativity about losing. I am glad to see that people saw the same game I did. We played a very good game against a team that seems to always be in the final four. It seemed to be even all the way.

We have nothing to be ashamed of, and nothing to be mad about. We showed that we belonged. We lost, but we just as easily could have won - not only the game, but the title.

The only thing I disagree with is that I think Pearl can win with a combination of what we saw today, AND a good blend of the controlled chaos strategy. Anything that is unique can cause other teams big problems, because they may not have seen it all season.

Hat, if you had to choose one of the two, would you rather UT have landed Harris or Pinkston?
Harris, because of the statement it made. However, Pinkston is exactly the kind of guy you win college championships with these days.

VN Store

Back