The Pembroke Postgame Report: Nothing But Pride Edition.

hatvol96

1. Another great, great college basketball game. That's not the result they wanted, but Tennessee did themselves and all of us proud.
2. Wayne Chism's college career is over. That is a very, very sad thing.
3. I've been one of JP Prince's biggest critics. This season would have come apart at the seams without his contributions.
4. Bobby Maze should take great pride in his play during this season. He was a key senior cog in a team that made history.
5. My hat's off to Melvin Goins. His defense in this tournament makes me confident the point guard position is in good hands in '10-'11.
6. I talk ad nauseum about the value of toughness. The two teams on the floor today were perfect examples of that concept.
7. This is now Brian Williams' team to lead. Getting in Scotty Hopson's face for big game cowardice is a step in the right direction.
8. Teams rarely break through the first time they get to the doorstep. This program showed they weren't frozen by the moment.
9. Bruce Pearl, great job. Just please keep the "controlled chaos" silliness in the closet permanently.
10. Anyone who wonders why I was so fervent in my wish to sign Jayvaughn Pinkston, I give you Draymon Green. Burly, powerful guys who can handle the ball and step out on the the floor are gold in the college game.

Well said on all points. I especially loved seeing #7. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

I can't really fault too much in that game. Prince's 3rd foul was key. Looking back (which is easy to do), CBP probably should have left him in the game.

A bitter end to the season does not need to change the fact this team accomplished a Hell of a lot.

We all need to remember that. It was a Helluva run.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I am sad that our participation in the tournament is over. This team has been fun watching. I have no complaints.

Just a terrible moment when you realize it's over. This wasn't a Cinderella run, we were as good or better than those guys. So many little errors we made at the end of the game that could have made the difference.

But you have to be proud of their effort.

Every tournament team but one ends their season with a loss. It's what's great and sucky about the tourney.

For this team it was either win it all or go down swinging. They were not frozen, and you're right, they did us all proud.

That was a heck of a ride. I am heartbroken with the end result, but in the end the program has taken major strides in the right direction this year.

A loss is easier to accept when you watch your team give all out effort. These guys have done that. I am a proud fan today.

1. Another great, great college basketball game. That's not the result they wanted, but Tennessee did themselves and all of us proud.
2. Wayne Chism's college career is over. That is a very, very sad thing.
3. I've been one of JP Prince's biggest critics. This season would have come apart at the seams without his contributions.
4. Bobby Maze should take great pride in his play during this season. He was a key senior cog in a team that made history.
5. My hat's off to Melvin Goins. His defense in this tournament makes me confident the point guard position is in good hands in '10-'11.
6. I talk ad nauseum about the value of toughness. The two teams on the floor today were perfect examples of that concept.
7. This is now Brian Williams' team to lead. Getting in Scotty Hopson's face for big game cowardice is a step in the right direction.
8. Teams rarely break through the first time they get to the doorstep. This program showed they weren't frozen by the moment.
9. Bruce Pearl, great job. Just please keep the "controlled chaos" silliness in the closet permanently.
10. Anyone who wonders why I was so fervent in my wish to sign Jayvaughn Pinkston, I give you Draymon Green. Burly, powerful guys who can handle the ball and step out on the the floor are gold in the college game.

nice recap...

Onto Spring practice
O&W game
and the Dooley Era for Tennessee football

VN Store

Back