The Pembroke Postgame Report: Nothing But Pride Edition.

As much as I've criticized Brian Williams, I'm proud of his effort the past month. Maybe the suspension did him well. Anyone questioning his leadership and will to win needs to just look at his incident with Hopson, the jump ball with Lucious(I believe), and his expression at the end of the game.

Also I've ridiculed JP more than anyone on this board. That said, he was great for us coming down the stretch. He limited his stupidity and showed great desire to go out a winner.

Just as it is easy to predict it'll take you 3-5 years longer than sane people to figure out Dooley sucks, just like it did with your hero Prince Phillip.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Here's to hoping you write a fball postgame so DD can read your "buzzworthy"posts and use it for motivation like I'm sure Bruce did.My calculations tell me inept BP's E8 run equals a BCS bowl. Cmon hat, bring us home!!

I have no doubt the OP along with his loyal band of laughable followers will be on board with the football team's success just like they are currently riding the BBall Vols success.

Their criticism of JP Prince and Coach Pearl almost mirror the criticism being dealt to the football coach. It's very predictable.

A reconciliation to the basketball team and coach has been attempted, and I expect a similar outcome for our football coach in the future as well.

Go Vols, and Expect to Win!
Oh, one request. Please predict the demise of Oklahoma football again. Last time you did that, they won 3 straight Big 12 titles.

Dooley was at the game this afternoon, having his pic made & glad handing boosters.

Here's to hoping you write a fball postgame so DD can read your "buzzworthy"posts and use it for motivation like I'm sure Bruce did.My calculations tell me inept BP's E8 run equals a BCS bowl. Cmon hat, bring us home!!

If Fooley gets UT to a BCS bowl, I'll be the first to eat the crow.

I have no doubt the OP along with his loyal band of laughable followers will be on board with the football team's success just like they are currently riding the BBall Vols success.

Their criticism of JP Prince and Coach Pearl almost mirror the criticism being dealt to the football coach. It's very predictable.

A reconciliation to the basketball team and coach has been attempted, and I expect a similar outcome for our football coach in the future as well.

Go Vols, and Expect to Win!

Reconciliation would imply that we ever stopped following the team or hoping for its improvement. What I saw since Jan 1 was a coach and a team that actually developed a half court offensive plan.

You and your hero Phil have a good time complaining about the horrible thing that was done to him as you sort through his offers to coach at D I programs.

Winning the Independence Bowl at La Tech and being among 34 bowl winners is similar to UWM in the Sweet Sixteen?!?!? Care to elaborate?

Not equal, but not far off. Latech was a dumpster fire pre dd and they were making strides. Were not talking about South carolina, or even Virginia, were talking Latech. BTW,Does continuity from the offensive staff mean anything?

Not equal, but not far off. Latech was a dumpster fire pre dd and they were making strides. Were not talking about South carolina, or even Virginia, were talking Latech. BTW,Does continuity from the offensive staff mean anything?

Might want to do your research again on LaTech pre-Dooley.

If Fooley gets UT to a BCS bowl, I'll be the first to eat the crow.

I was simply pokin fun at the status the "postgame" holds and making a connection on the outspoken doubts HV has for the respective coaches. Jus playin around gents, ease up. I've gone 100+ pages the last 4 games with ya men, we are on the same side, were VOLS.

Just as it is easy to predict it'll take you 3-5 years longer than sane people to figure out Dooley sucks, just like it did with your hero Prince Phillip.

Do you get bonus points for predicting his doom beforehand? Does it make you feel better to write someone off without giving them a chance? Maybe he'll prove everyone wrong. You have no clue how this will turn out. Bobby Maze and Melvin Goins sure showed your predictive powers. I don't even particularly like the hire myself, but this doom and gloom horse**** is pitiful.

Might want to do your research again on LaTech pre-Dooley.

I don't know the exact stats. I know Latech is a traditionally poor program with a very difficult geographic location. I know that DD led them to their first bowl win in iirc 25+ years. I'm not here to argue the future with ya bud. I was messin with hat. Relax.

Don't tell anyone that Dooley had the same record as the coach before him at LT. The Sheep don't like facts.

Actually, with the exception of Carl Torbush, who they tolerated for one year, his winning percentage was worse than anyone since the 1920s.

Do you get bonus points for predicting his doom beforehand? Does it make you feel better to write someone off without giving them a chance? Maybe he'll prove everyone wrong. You have no clue how this will turn out. Bobby Maze and Melvin Goins sure showed your predictive powers. I don't even particularly like the hire myself, but this doom and gloom horse**** is pitiful.
Actually, yes. My contract with Freak doubles my salary if I ferret out an awful hire when it happens. Todd Raleigh has already helped that cause.

Don't tell anyone that Dooley had the same record as the coach before him at LT. The Sheep don't like facts.
Don't tell me he won their first bowlgame in almost 3 decades either. So I'm a sheep for having faith and standing behind MY TEAMS coach PRIOR to any reason not to. Wtf is up with that tho? Honestly? I can see the sheep mentality if wed have gone 5-7 for 3 years in a row and I'm tryna sell the guy. But 0-0?? I mean really? Your not even gonna TRY and support him?? Pitiful if you ask me.

Actually, yes. My contract with Freak doubles my salary if I ferret out an awful hire when it happens. Todd Raleigh has already helped that cause.

I'll give you that one. I believe the sample size is large enough to count that as a swing and a miss. But as far as Dooley goes we're in a ****ty situation roster wise from the get go, and it wasn't the optimum time to hire someone. He may end up failing miserably, but lets lets allow him to put the noose around his own neck before we open the trapdoor.

Who would you have hired who actually would have taken the job at that point?

I don't know the exact stats. I know Latech is a traditionally poor program with a very difficult geographic location. I know that DD led them to their first bowl win in iirc 25+ years. I'm not here to argue the future with ya bud. I was messin with hat. Relax.

I'm not arguing anything. Simply pointing out the record comparison:

Previous Coach: 16-20 at LaTech
Dooley: 17-20 at LaTech

Sorry to ruffle feathers.

I'll give you that one. I believe the sample size is large enough to count that as a swing and a miss. But as far as Dooley goes we're in a ****ty situation roster wise from the get go, and it wasn't the optimum time to hire someone. He may end up failing miserably, but lets lets allow him to put the noose around his own neck before we open the trapdoor.

Who would you have hired who actually would have taken the job at that point?
That's harder for me to say than it would be in basketball, since I'm not as confident as to who would have been available. Kevin Sumlin comes to mind.

And quoting his record as a reason to be concerned is one thing, d-bag this, moron that, and degrading him is another. Ill stop with the hijack. My apologies, but DD bashing is less justified than BP bashing, imho. Baaaaaaaah- Baaaaaaah.

I'm done with this part of the discussion. It comes dangerously close to a violation of my self imposed 3 year exile from the football board.

VN Store

Back