The Official Tennessee vs. Vanderbilt Game Thread, 3:45 PM ET, SEC Network

Sabans last season
endgame-avengers.gif

Just an amazing season by this team. Staff did a helluva job with this roster and the kids....what can you say about this bunch! They stayed and worked their butts off when others cut and ran out on us. This vol fan has seen a lot of teams since '65 and I'll have to say this will be one of my favorites. They are truly a special bunch of kids, and I'm very thankful for them. Gonna celebrate whipping the dorks and look forward to a bowl game. Still gotta pinch myself and try to believe that we're actually going bowling!

I thought we were likely a 5-win team this season going in.

After seeing the season unfold, I’m still disappointed with the Pitt loss and laying huge egg against UF (as usual). However, it’s hard to not see this year as an overachievement.

Still a lot to prove though. We need to skull-drag Pitt to start next season and we need to figure out how to beat Florida while maintaining our performance elsewhere. Heupel must prove he can recruit in the big leagues - I’m cautiously hopeful based on what I’ve seen. Very cautious.

Now, let’s go stomp somebody in a bowl game!

P.S. I hope Jeremy Pruitt gets coal for Christmas. I dislike that guy intensely. Just thought I’d add that in for good measure

This was an ugly game at times but it's a win and a 7 win season. This has been a fun team to watch this year and I am sad that the regular season is over. I don't know if Heupel will ultimately succeed but he is head and shoulders better than the last 3-4 coaches we've had and I look forward to next season.

This was an ugly game at times but it's a win and a 7 win season. This has been a fun team to watch this year and I am sad that the regular season is over. I don't know if Heupel will ultimately succeed but he is head and shoulders better than the last 3-4 coaches we've had and I look forward to next season.
It wasn’t ugly it just wasn’t as clean as we expected but this vandy team has been playing tougher than their record… coach heup understands how to play winning football and this foundation laid this season will allow us to be a top 2 team in the East if hooker and tilman return…

VN Store

Back