The Official Tennessee vs. Vanderbilt Game Thread, 3:45 PM ET, SEC Network

Banks needs to concuss the Vandy QB on their next offensive play. I don’t care about f it’s 10 seconds after the whistle.

It's good on 3rd and 4th too. If you make them burn clock on 1st and 2nd, and then give up a bomb TD that got behind you on 3rd, it was all for nothing.

There is basically NO WAY Vandy scores two points per minute of game clock. UT is running the clock out on defense.
So you are content with what you are watching on defense? If playing a top 25 team yes, Vanderbilt, NO!

Reactions: BJSforVols
You guys have quickly forgot how bad we are. Beating any SEC team is worth a fine bourbon celebration. Our defense is terrible but we have an electric scheme on offense. IF he recruits and uses the portal well we can really do damage. Just worn thin on an already thin roster
Not f’n Vandy

So, average or better at every D position except LB?!? Does your average mean SEC acerage? If so, I definitely disagree.

I will say this. Our defensive line is not the problem but we don't have a good pass rush. The LB play is very porous eventhough Banks and Beasley make some plays but they miss a lot too. The DB play has Taylor and Jackson so I am probably a little biased. The bottom line is LB play is the core of the defense.

Reactions: GoVols64
It's not all player faults when you have a defense that statistically is one of the best in TFL on mainly 1st & 2nd downs but then are one of the worst in the SEC on 3rd down defense. There's some scheme issues here
May be more of a talent issue. Not saying your wrong but our pressure is almost non-existent without blitzing. When you’ve got stud pass rushers it frees up more players in coverage. Without that you get what we have and it’s not good.

VN Store

Back