The Official Tennessee vs. Vanderbilt Game Thread, 3:45 PM ET, SEC Network

Style points count if you hadn’t noticed. They count in rankings and what bowls you go to and where recruits want to play.
We're a year or so away from worrying about rankings.

And style points have almost NO bearing on what bowl game you go to. It's win/loss and then which fanbase the bowls think they can make the most $$$ off of. UT is an appealing team to bowls this year since theyknow the fanbase is bowl-starved. They know we'll travel and spend $$$ for a bowl, so we'll get an invite no matter if we win by 25 against Vandy, or by 14.

It took me to game 12 but I've finally soured on this defense. We are just bad. It wasn't necessarily the tough schedule. It wasn't lack of depth. I chalked it up some to that.

It's first line guys that just can't get it done. They can't get off the the field. We just got a few games in positions that can't consistently make the play in the positions you have to be able to make the play. For Vanderbilt to be eating this defense up is pitiful.

Reactions: BJSforVols
Yeah….I know there are issues with depth and talent…but I don’t understand why we don’t just press and bring numbers on the blitz. I’d rather see that and give up the big play sometimes that for teams to nickel and dime is the whole time.

Besides, we might force more licks and fumbles and sacks
I heard Tim Irwin say the same thing. You know you can't stop them, why not blitz more.

Obviously deserves some context due to the style of the offense, but Banks inability To come up with stops is glaring.

VN Store

Back