The Official Tennessee vs. Southern Miss Game Thread, 7:30 PM ET (11/4/17), SEC Net.

Why was one of our players on the return running down the field instead of tackling it's like he was blocking for their team

Not sure what I was expecting to see from this offense, but it looks like what you would expect to see if the team just finished their first spring practice. Ehh.

He’s not a center
Took an nfl guard and ruined his chances at a draft
Proves Wells has no idea what he is doing. I still can't believe we put him in at C over G. Well I can, but...still...hate it for Jashon. He's a true Guard and everyone besides our coaching staff knows it. If we needed a C so badly, put in one of the young guys so they can get exerience...like Brooks

Well that didn’t take long. Devante Brooks experiment already over. Only Butch Jones would start a 282lb OT who hasn’t played since his sophomore year in high school and who has never played OT before in his life.

Cmon man...he has seven lineman...that's it. Did you want him to put a receiver in to block their DL? Butch and Scott deserve some grief but, they should get a little consideration for playing the only guy they have.

Our OL scheme requires so much thinking that it's impossible to play fast and aggressive. Especially if you're young and out of position.

Reactions: 1 person
Cmon man...he has seven lineman...that's it. Did you want him to put a receiver in to block their DL? Butch and Scott deserve some grief but, they should get a little consideration for playing the only guy they have.

Because he ran off Boulware. Butch has just about taken it to Dooley level.

Year 5 and that’s the situation we find ourselves in, that’s the point. This kinda crap happens every year with our OL under Jones. So no, Jones gets no consideration here.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back