The Official Tennessee vs. Southern Miss Game Thread, 7:30 PM ET (11/4/17), SEC Net.

Wait a second. So I’m saying we targeted an opposing player, that’s how it’s officiated and we caught a huge break there. But if the roles were reversed I’d be saying the opposing team DIDNT target the qb on MY team?? Do what? Brilliant logic. Lol.[/Q]

My logic is that whatever your opinion is on a subject, it's probably contrary to what reasonable people think. Brilliant? I don't know.

Reactions: 1 person
Is that why they reviewed the play for targeting? And why pretty much everybody commenting on twitter and on the broadcast thought that was targeting and that Warrior was very likely done for the night?

Nope.... They reviewed it to see if the QB was giving himself up. That'd be the only way a ball carrier gets that call between the tackles.

Targeting isn’t just simply helmets hitting. Its under certain situations.

The QB was the runner and he ducked to where the area Warrior was supposed to hit him wound up being his head. And then they said Warrior led with his shoulder and not his helmet. Good call. Not a gimme or break.

Reactions: 2 people
Is that why they reviewed the play for targeting? And why pretty much everybody commenting on twitter and on the broadcast thought that was targeting and that Warrior was very likely done for the night?

Nah, it’s why it wasn’t called targeting after they realized their dumb mistake.

Reactions: 1 person
An experienced QB, line, and skilled people can make a coach look great. Inexperienced players can make a coach look bad. Bear Bryant is known for the comment that you will lose a game for every freshman you start. As our QB, line, and receivers get more playing time, they should get better.

A blown line play right on cue.

Well that didn’t take long. Devante Brooks experiment already over. Only Butch Jones would start a 282lb OT who hasn’t played since his sophomore year in high school and who has never played OT before in his life.

It’s the process guys, Currie understands

VN Store

Back