The Official Tennessee vs. SC Game Thread - 6pm EST - FSN South

True, at least tonight we were in a position to not let terrible play in the final minutes cause us to pick up yet another loss.

Chism continues to amaze me with his basketball stupidity.
Yeah... I'm pretty sure tonight's game was his shining moment for stupidity. He'll have a few plays in every game where you go "WTF?", but his play tonight takes the cake.

Scotty Hopson yes.

But this team is not getting better from game to game....or half to half for that matter.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I would say Tennessee played well today, not great and not poorly. I liked the intensity in the first half, but I'll reserve my thoughts on the defense. I thought the defense played better but it was largely helped by Cocks just missing shots. And let's remember, we practically played this whole game with out our starting big man.

Good to see Hopson being more aggressive. That's his game.

I would say Tennessee played well today, not great and not poorly. I liked the intensity in the first half, but I'll reserve my thoughts on the defense. I thought the defense played better but it was largely helped by Cocks just missing shots. And let's remember, we practically played this whole game with out our starting big man.

Good to see Hopson being more aggressive. That's his game.

They played well at times. But this team needs to realize games are 40 minutes, not 20.

And that goes for Bruce and staff as well.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

hate to break this to you, but you can 'know' basketball even if you've never stepped on a court. i've seen you mention this like two times before, and it's a pretty mediocre argument. the d was good in the first half, not great. second half d was terrible, along with everything else.

No sir. If you have never played team sports, especially b-ball for an entire season their are so many emotional highs and lows, confidence issues, momentum from winning, personalities on and off the court. More than just sitting on the couch slamming them for playing poorly one night and then great the next. Look at Arkansas slide. 0-3 start to the SEC.

We should have won the game going away, with Chism scoring no points and playing 10 to 15 min.

Somethings have changed, somethings have stayed the same.

This style of basketball depends on turning the other team over and getting easy points. This team is struggling in this area.

VN Store

Back