The Official Tennessee vs. Indiana Tax Slayer Gator Bowl Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

Classic JG game thus far. Should be 24 to 0 at the worse and due to poor redzone play and a horrible turnover its 6-3 and we find ourselves without the momentum.

He is such a bipolar player. Unfortunately no matter how good he can be its games and halves like this that should remind every Vol fan why we seriously are in need of a better QB to emerge for 2020.

Go Vols

Wow, a game that by all rights should have been 28-0 Vols, and could have easily been 7-6 Indiana, is going to go to the half 6-3 Tennessee. This is maddening and I don't even know who should be more maddened: Hoosier fans or us.
Why would the Indiana fans be upset with 6-3? Sure, they might have scored if they had played that last possession correctly, but they were dominated and are only down 3 at the half.

We've been a second half team during our run anyways, AND we get JJ back. They will make adjustments to stop letting the QB run.

Reactions: amorange
It's more than missed blocks, I could argue missed passes happen, you can't excuse one and not the other. There both been bad and bad o line play influences the QB play.

The offense in general has been bad, Chaney getting outcoached, JG not playing well, o line playing poorly........

Yet this is all on JG,

Your input is appreciated Mrs. guarantano

Looking for the red zone blues to go away when we get JJ in the game... he’ll go up and pull down those high darts JG is firing !
We were still able to have 11 on the field....
I don't think JJ is going to fix an OL that has been shaky at times and a QB who holds the ball so long that the DBs are able to collapse on the WR in time for the throw.

No, not really, it’s beyond rare. Deep pass to Keyton early was underthrown, would’ve been 6 with a good throw.

He has no touch, throws late and then overcompensates with velocity, and his poor mechanics lead to throwing the ball high a lot. No way you're ever hitting the receiver in stride with that combination.

Just about need to roll with the Bailey kid next year. Take your lumps i guess. Should be 17-3 at worst. We just waste too many scoring opportunities to think we can knock off the big boys. This team with a better QB is 9-3 at worst.

I’m eager to see Maurer after two off seasons in the S&C program and with Chaney. Maurer could be special or could be another JG. I don’t think his time as starter at UT is far from
Over.

Indiana fan checking in at halftime. You guys are owning us in all facets of the game. I think you all should impose the run more. We can’t stop it. You get 4-5yards a run. Lucky to even be in this.

You have completely taken away our dink and dunk offense I knew was coming. Having our starting rb out hurts. But I wasn’t expecting us to completely desert the run. Without it we can’t open up a pass game at all. Play your game in the second and our defense will not hold up. It hasn’t all year !

Reactions: bowkane

VN Store

Back