The Official Tennessee vs. #6 Alabama Game Thread, 1:00 PM ET, ESPN

We’ve left some points out there but Pons has either blocked or affected a few of their shots at the rim as well so it evens out. About as good a half against a great team that you could ask for. Now we just have to duplicate it in the 2nd half. It’s about to be a dog fight. They will try to shoot the lights out.

Heres the thing about the second half. We ran hard and im sure there is a ton of fatigue. Im nervous about how fresh our guys legs are, and Bama had a chance to rest guys
Don’t think that will come into play until tomorrow. Adrenaline kicks in today

Bama is going to storm back and threes may start falling. We have to weather the storm, keep our composure and not turn the ball over. Bama will lock in on Keon in the 2nd, who’s gonna step up?
GBO!!

Reactions: tnvols72
I expect they will throw everything at Keon in the second half. We will have to have someone who steps up and gets baskets for us.

I do not believe that for a second. It’s obvious these freshmen love to play fast
Almost every basketball player in the world loves to play fast! Go listen to Barnes and the other coaches press conferences. They’ve been working on playing fast all season but they can’t turn it over 3 or 4 times a game like the freshman do as we’ve seen in this game.

If we hadn't messed up so many fast breaks we'd probalby be up 15. I'll take the first half but I'm going to bet Alabama doesn't stay this cold. I hope they do.

They’re not going to. It’s going to take an even better half for us to win. With the way they shoot the 3 ball, a short 1-2 minute offensive lapse on our end is all it takes to kill this lead.

These first 4 minutes before the U16 TO is going to be huge. Go +2 or +4 to push this thing to double digits would be amazing. Poor play to start and this thing gets tight.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards

VN Store

Back