The Official Tennessee @ Vanderbilt Game Thread, 4:00pm ET, SEC Network

Practice means nothing as far as QB's, now. That only shows whose the better passer, I'll grant you Worley is a better passer. However, with an inexperienced OL, you need a QB who can make plays with his legs after contact. You can't see that in pre season scrimmages. Do you really believe Dobbs went from 3rd string QB to the best, in my opinion, in the SEC East in less than one year? Name another QB in the east whose better...

Easy now. Best QB in the East? He may turn out to be but two or three wins doesn't crown a king.

Steve Kerr played hard in practice. I'll take Iverson over Kerr, any day.

Would you take Butch Jones over Gary Patterson? Because that's who Florida is going to go after. MARK MY WORDS, if Florida gets Gary Patterson, everyone of you will regret it...

Regret it?
Really?
We can regret a decision.
Last I checked, noone on this board had a vote in our coaching decision and definately had no vote in UFs decision.
I don't have to mark your words, I can tell you right now that you are wrong. Nobody on this board can regret a decision in which they held no meaningful input.

Would you take Butch Jones over Gary Patterson? Because that's who Florida is going to go after. MARK MY WORDS, if Florida gets Gary Patterson, everyone of you will regret it...

You sure he was interested? Last I checked we had about 15 coaches turn us down in our last 3 searches. Just cuz there's good coaches out there doesn't mean they wanted any part of the mess we created....and AI was a cancer to his team with zero rings. We have a guy that wants to be here and is putting together a very formidable roster through recruiting. That's the only way to win in this league. He can't just **** out an SEC East contender.

Last edited:

Steve Kerr is also the best 3 point shooter % wise in the history of the NBA. Also a head coach now. A. I. was good, but I would take Kerr any day

November 26, 1994 Nashville, TN Tennessee 65–0
November 25, 1995 Knoxville, TN Tennessee 12–7
November 30, 1996 Nashville, TN Tennessee 14–7
November 29, 1997 Nashville, TN Tennessee 17–10
November 28, 1998 Nashville, TN Tennessee 41–0
November 27, 1999 Knoxville, TN Tennessee 38–10
November 25, 2000 Nashville, TN Tennessee 28–26
November 24, 2001 Nashville, TN Tennessee 38–0
November 23, 2002 Nashville, TN Tennessee 24–0
November 22, 2003 Knoxville, TN Tennessee 48–0
November 20, 2004 Nashville, TN Tennessee 38–33
November 19, 2005 Knoxville, TN Vanderbilt 28–24
November 18, 2006 Nashville, TN Tennessee 39–10
November 17, 2007 Knoxville, TN Tennessee 25–24
November 22, 2008 Nashville, TN Tennessee 20–10
November 21, 2009 Knoxville, TN Tennessee 31–16
November 20, 2010 Nashville, TN Tennessee 24–10
November 19, 2011 Knoxville, TN Tennessee 27–21‡
November 17, 2012 Nashville, TN Vanderbilt 41–18
November 23, 2013 Knoxville, TN Vanderbilt 14–10

In 20 years of the series it has been decided by more than 14 points 10 times. 9 of those times went Tennessee's way. Vandy gets up for this game. That much Is certain. We had as good of a shot making this a blowout as we did making it close historically speaking.

I've got a +231 point differential in the Fulmer era, according to these states since 1995. Including an 11-1 record since 1995, according to these stats. We also had 4 shutouts, while scoring no less than 24 points...

So how is Butch Jones so great again?:blink:

You sure he was interested? Last I checked we had about 15 coaches turn us down in our last 3 searches. Just cuz there's good coaches out there doesn't mean they wanted any part of the mess we created....and AI was a cancer to his team with zero rings. We have a guy that wants to be here and is putting together a very formidable roster through recruiting. That's the only way to win in this league. He can't just **** out an SEC East contender.

Supposedly Patterson was very interested when Kiffin was hired.

Steve Kerr is also the best 3 point shooter % wise in the history of the NBA. Also a head coach now. A. I. was good, but I would take Kerr any day

Really?

The fact that Kerr played with superstars that created open shots for him means nothing to you? Florida needs to hire you as their basketball coach... You'd lose to Maryville if you'd take Kerr over Iverson... I know see the level of sports knowledge I'm dealing with...

I've got a +231 point differential in the Fulmer era, according to these states since 1995. Including an 11-1 record since 1995, according to these stats. We also had 4 shutouts, while scoring no less than 24 points...

And you still can't see the talent difference in the 2001 volunteers (the class that Fulmer believes to be the most talented team he ever coached.) And the 2014 volunteers that are still recovering from the Dooley error in the talent and depth dept.

Reactions: 1 person
And you still can't see the talent difference in the 2001 volunteers (the class that Fulmer believes to be the most talented team he ever coached.) And the 2014 volunteers that are still recovering from the Dooley error in the talent and depth dept.

This team is an 8-4 team with Dobbs at QB all season, no doubt... Easily 8-4.

OK, so quarterbacks don't need to throw well? Of course. What was I thinking?

I suppose wide receivers that can't catch would be fine too?

Throw well? No.

If Usain Bolt was a below average catcher, he would still be an influential WR..

With a good OL, I'll take a pocket passer all day... With a bad, inexperienced OL, you need someone who can run...

BTW, Dobbs can pass well, Worley is just a better passer. Doesn't mean Dobbs is bad...

Last edited:
And you know that how?

Because we lost both the Florida and Georgia games to Worley having to make quick (and wrong) decisions, where Dobbs could've run it instead...

The Florida game ended on a Worley INT, because he was about to be sacked... Dobbs would've ran it...

Because we lost both the Florida and Georgia games to Worley having to make quick (and wrong) decisions, where Dobbs could've run it instead...

The Florida game ended on a Worley INT, because he was about to be sacked... Dobbs would've ran it...

I haven't and won't pick sides on qb but you can't "know" that.
Dobbs threw ints tonight. It happens.

And Dobbs made some horrible decisions Tonight. It happens

He only played them twice?

VN Store

Back