The Official Tennessee @ Vanderbilt Game Thread, 4:00pm ET, SEC Network

Too much whining tonight...."the win is not convincing enough, 6 wins is not enough, CBJ is on probation, blah blah blah!" This us not 1997 anymore. We are trying to get back. If some of you knew football you could easily recognize the young talent we have. It's scary good. Our fan base should come together and get excited. I realize it's only possible for some when the bandwagon gets rolling. Either fall in now or jump ship. True fans show themselves in down years, bandwagon fans are easy to spot any time. Congrats to team 118. Tonight was big for momentum.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm disappointed in Tennessee. Not that they won, but that they celebrated such a close win, against a poor team... If we can only beat Vandy by 1, I shutter to think of the embarrassment that awaits us in our bowl game... Remember, Vandy only beat Charleston Southern by one point. Would we be celebrating a 6 point win over Charleston Southern? That would be disgraceful.

I'm disappointed in Tennessee. Not that they won, but that they celebrated such a close win, against a poor team... If we can only beat Vandy by 1, I shutter to think of the embarrassment that awaits us in our bowl game... Remember, Vandy only beat Charleston Southern by one point. Would we be celebrating a 6 point win over Charleston Southern? That would be disgraceful.
They're going bowling. Quit your winning and let them enjoy it a little bit. Good grief

Reactions: 2 people

Our depth is still pretty damn thin. With this next recruiting class we should start getting on parity.

i think they are celebrating a bowl birth more than the win

I was pissed early in the game because I couldn't stand the thought of losing to candy again and their coach that looks like an intimidated circus clown, but in contrast to recent years in that situation we WON!

I'm happy. We WON! We're going to a bowl this year yay!!!

Did I mention we WON!

My God, get over it. We WON!:good!:

Dude, really? I paid my own way and graduated from UT and this is a message board, I can give my opinion, which is just a dose of reality.... there are tons of folks on here that are just as disapointed in this staff's performance all year... just because we eak out an ugly win against a sucky team doesnt mean we all hold hands and skip around like this didn't happen.... I am happy for the kids, but worried about this staff...

Yes really. We all have concerns but just can't understand how any Vol fan couldn't be happy right now. Had we won 65-0 it wouldn't suddenly make us NC contenders next year just like winning 24-17 doesn't mean we will suck next year. It's a big win for this program even if it was a subpar performance. Do you not give any consideration to the fact that over the past two weeks we have lost our starting MLB and defensive leader as well as our best WR, starting center and early tonight our best running back? We have little talent on the OL and no depth to cover the injuries.

Reactions: 4 people
I just hope whichever bowl team they draw isn't made up of big guys with hair all over their bodies and bad breath.

I would seriously not be surprised if Vandy abandoned planning for Miss St. in favor of a second week of game prep for us. They played pretty well (for Vandy).

However, our offensive play calling was cowardly in the second half, and I am shocked we won. Hopefully that means things are finally turning our way. Defense and special teams were solid today...Butch should buy Cam Sutton a steak dinner.

A win's a win, though, and we are going bowling. Go Vols!!

Reactions: 1 person

Easy Bro! I have been getting yelled at the past 15 min for this same type of commentary! People don't want to talk about reality after a win... they want sunshine and puppy dogs!

Reactions: 1 person
Easy Bro! I have been getting yelled at the past 15 min for this same type of commentary! People don't want to talk about reality after a win... they want sunshine and puppy dogs!

We wouldn't have this problem if we hired Gary Patterson after Kiffin. It's not their fault, they're suffering from Dooleyitus. To think, our AD hired Dooley off a suggestion from Muschamp...

Last edited:
Yes really. We all have concerns but just can't understand how any Vol fan couldn't be happy right now. Had we won 65-0 it wouldn't suddenly make us NC contenders next year just like winning 24-17 doesn't mean we will suck next year. It's a big win for this program even if it was a subpar performance. Do you not give any consideration to the fact that over the past two weeks we have lost our starting MLB and defensive leader as well as our best WR, starting center and early tonight our best running back? We have little talent on the OL and no depth to cover the injuries.

Finally, reality speaks. Maybe one day people will get it.

yes, i totally take into consideration we are playing this thin... I can't really see where I have been critical of our players at ALL. I have only harped on the poor performance of our coaching staff.... there's a big difference...

VN Store

Back