The Official Tennessee @ Vanderbilt Game Thread, 4:00pm ET, SEC Network

I'm just pleased that we won. In this conference, a W is not handed out; you have to earn it. I was at the game last year went Vandy went down the field at the end of the game and won. I was so frustrated to see a W slip through our fingers. After what this program has been through in the past decade I'm just glad to see some progress in the positive direction. Go Vols!

Reactions: 2 people
I'm just pleased that we won. In this conference, a W is not handed out; you have to earn it. I was at the game last year went Vandy went down the field at the end of the game and won. I was so frustrated to see a W slip through our fingers. After what this program has been through in the past decade I'm just glad to see some progress in the positive direction. Go Vols!

Yep. Flat out ugly but I'll take it. Give me a 3-2 win in the bowl game and a 7th win. Heaven.

Reactions: 1 person

This! You are so pleased you used your 2nd post just to say it.

So for Tennessee no bowl is better than a 6-6 bowl? Makes perfect sense.

No, If Dobbs starts the whole season, we're an 8-4 bowl... That is what I expect... Yet, the blind Jones supporters will holler because of his recruiting class... News Flash, with our facilities, any of you could recruit Jones' classes, and go 6-6 in the SEC.

Last edited:
No, If Dobbs starts the whole season, we're an 8-4 bowl... That is what I expect... Yet, the blind Jones supporters will holler because of his recruiting class... News Flash, with out facilities, any of you could recruit Jones' classes, and go 6-6 in the SEC.

Where would we dress for the games, lift, and play the games? jk

No, If Dobbs starts the whole season, we're an 8-4 bowl... That is what I expect... Yet, the blind Jones supporters will holler because of his recruiting class... News Flash, with our facilities, any of you could recruit Jones' classes, and go 6-6 in the SEC.

It's easy to armchair coach.

It's also easy to understand that if you don't have an OL, you need a QB who can run to extend plays. That should've been fairly obvious to EVERYONE after the Florida game...

And it's pretty much understood that Dobbs and his family wanted the redshirt if at all possible. I'm sorry but Dobbs being a rocket scientist takes a back seat to your negative attitude.

I'm disappointed in Tennessee. Not that they won, but that they celebrated such a close win, against a poor team... If we can only beat Vandy by 1, I shutter to think of the embarrassment that awaits us in our bowl game... Remember, Vandy only beat Charleston Southern by one point. Would we be celebrating a 6 point win over Charleston Southern? That would be disgraceful.

Maybe you didn't pay attention, it was announce several times that Derek Mason got involved in the defense this week, he's a defensive guru, ask Oregon. They said they haven't seen Vandy this pumped up on D all year. Stop using failed logic(if they beat this team,then we beat this team) etc, that garbage doesn't apply this day in age, anyone can win, ANYTIME.

And it's pretty much understood that Dobbs and his family wanted the redshirt if at all possible. I'm sorry but Dobbs being a rocket scientist takes a back seat to your negative attitude.

Correction: Dobbs and his family wanted the redshirt, if HE WAS NOT THE CLEAR CUT STARTER.

He should've been the clear cut starter...

Correction: Dobbs an his family wanted the redshirt, if HE WAS NOT THE CLEAR CUT STARTER.

He should've been the clear cut starter...

Not the way he was performing in practice by all accounts.

Edit: also we won. Our record is better than its been since 2010. We are slowly on our way back . I know being positive is hard but it's good for your health and for the health of this board.

Dumb is dumb.

Not the way he was performing in practice by all accounts.

Practice means nothing as far as QB's, now. That only shows whose the better passer, I'll grant you Worley is a better passer. However, with an inexperienced OL, you need a QB who can make plays with his legs after contact. You can't see that in pre season scrimmages. Do you really believe Dobbs went from 3rd string QB to the best, in my opinion, in the SEC East in less than one year? Name another QB in the east whose better...

Practice means nothing as far as QB's, now. That only shows whose the better passer, I'll grant you Worley is a better passer. However, with an inexperienced OL, you need a QB who can make plays with his legs after contact. You can't see that in pre season scrimmages. Do you really believe Dobbs went from 3rd string QB to the best, in my opinion, in the SEC East in less than one year? Name another QB in the east whose better...

Hey Allen Iverson. How are you?

Hey Allen Iverson. How are you?

Steve Kerr played hard in practice. I'll take Iverson over Kerr, any day.

Would you take Butch Jones over Gary Patterson? Because that's who Florida is going to go after. MARK MY WORDS, if Florida gets Gary Patterson, everyone of you will regret it...

The point is that, after a few really good games, the 'normal' Dobbs we saw last year, this summer and in practice is starting to show up in games again.

Yes, Dobbs in fact did go from 3rd string to starter. Those habits that made Dobbs third-string following the preseason camp, have not disappeared. Any QB needs to be an accurate passer first.

November 26, 1994 Nashville, TN Tennessee 65–0
November 25, 1995 Knoxville, TN Tennessee 12–7
November 30, 1996 Nashville, TN Tennessee 14–7
November 29, 1997 Nashville, TN Tennessee 17–10
November 28, 1998 Nashville, TN Tennessee 41–0
November 27, 1999 Knoxville, TN Tennessee 38–10
November 25, 2000 Nashville, TN Tennessee 28–26
November 24, 2001 Nashville, TN Tennessee 38–0
November 23, 2002 Nashville, TN Tennessee 24–0
November 22, 2003 Knoxville, TN Tennessee 48–0
November 20, 2004 Nashville, TN Tennessee 38–33
November 19, 2005 Knoxville, TN Vanderbilt 28–24
November 18, 2006 Nashville, TN Tennessee 39–10
November 17, 2007 Knoxville, TN Tennessee 25–24
November 22, 2008 Nashville, TN Tennessee 20–10
November 21, 2009 Knoxville, TN Tennessee 31–16
November 20, 2010 Nashville, TN Tennessee 24–10
November 19, 2011 Knoxville, TN Tennessee 27–21‡
November 17, 2012 Nashville, TN Vanderbilt 41–18
November 23, 2013 Knoxville, TN Vanderbilt 14–10

In 20 years of the series it has been decided by more than 14 points 10 times. 9 of those times went Tennessee's way. Vandy gets up for this game. That much Is certain. We had as good of a shot making this a blowout as we did making it close historically speaking.

The point is that, after a few really good games, the 'normal' Dobbs we saw last year, this summer and in practice is starting to show up in games again.

Yes, Dobbs in fact did go from 3rd string to starter. Those habits that made Dobbs third-string following the preseason camp, have not disappeared. Any QB needs to be an accurate passer first.

Hi Mrs. Peterman . Don't bother , you and the 14 person will not be reading anymore .

VN Store

Back