The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

So August was early enough to know all this, but the end of October isn’t? Is that your actual stance or are you willing to say you made an ignorant judgement based on very limited data?
He was ass at UK, I didnt see the ability in him to be a competent QB. He played well today, doesnt mean im ready to hand him the franchise.

Reactions: Sea Ray
Saw the stat.............Levis is only the second rookie QB in NFL history to throw for 4 TDs in their first start,,,,,,,,,,,,,the other,,,,,,,,,,,,,Marcus Mariota.:oops:

Saw the stat.............Levis is only the second rookie QB in NFL history to throw for 4 TDs in their first start,,,,,,,,,,,,,the other,,,,,,,,,,,,,Marcus Mariota.:oops:

It's almost poetic. Both wore #8. One was replaced by Ryan Tannehill 7 games into the season. The other replaces Ryan Tannehill 7 games into the season...Time to complete the prophecy.

It's almost poetic. Both wore #8. One was replaced by Ryan Tannehill 7 games into the season. The other replaces Ryan Tannehill 7 games into the season...Time to complete the prophecy.
Let's hope it works out muuuuuch better this time......

EDIT: Fran Tarkington also had 4TDs in his first start..................I'll take that career.

Last edited:
Reactions: Plecoptera
In all seriousness, Levis' physical tools have never been in doubt. 95% of the hate for that pick has been a combination of his connection with UK and the fact that he had a lackluster senior season. If he was in fact hurt that year, it would make a lot of sense.

I'm not ready to proclaim him the savior after 1 start, but no denying he played amazing today. Hopefully he gets the nod the rest of the way to prove it wasn't a fluke.

In all seriousness, Levis' physical tools have never been in doubt. 95% of the hate for that pick has been a combination of his connection with UK and the fact that he had a lackluster senior season. If he was in fact hurt that year, it would make a lot of sense.

I'm not ready to proclaim him the savior after 1 start, but no denying he played amazing today. Hopefully he gets the nod the rest of the way to prove it wasn't a fluke.

They also don’t consider the lack of talent he was working with.

Reactions: CPA
It's early and one game is nothing to base a career off of but I may have been wrong about Levis.

That was a really good defense he played opposite.... And he played confident and didn't make crucial mistakes. Good game by Levis today.

Reactions: CPA
I don't think anyone is truly ready to crown Levis but that was a hell of a debut. He did everything you can ask for from a rookie QB.
He even had some smart plays where rookies usually mess up. The throw at Henry’s feet when a sac was imminent was quick thinking. Also the sac at the end was as good of a sac as you can take. Maybe don’t go so deep next time. Also his throw to Burke on the deep out route was spot on and just defended really well. The only negative was his throw to the tight end as he was hit that nearly was picked. I honestly think he was trying to throw that near the te and the hit made it go to the linebacker. I was impressed with his deep throws and touchdowns but the things he did when he wasn’t throwing dimes were as impressive as well.

Reactions: CPA and Aesius
Mariota dinked and dunked in that game vs the Bucs, he'd throw a 10 yard pass that went for 70 after the catch. Levis is actually capable of throwing downfield.

Your comment got me curious so I went back and looked at the highlights just for shiggles. And yeah, that was a nearly perfectly-called game by Whisenhunt (which would obviously not happen often). Mariota only threw the ball 15 times, and all 4 of his TDs were in the first half.

O yeah, I get it now. I see why someone doesn’t want his ignorant opinions bumped

I certainly can see why he's trying his hardest to crap on his performance. I mean dude says he was impressed with Willis' mediocrity....in the PRESEASON, and Levis in one game looks light years better than Willis.

Reactions: Vol8188

VN Store

Back