The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

Austin Gayle with PFF has them taking E-Moore at #22 and Syracuse CB Melifonwu at #53.

Moore's pro day results were spectacular. 4.32 40, short shuttle 4.00, 3 cone drill was blazing at 6.65. That one was the fastest by a WR since 2018. 36" high jump and 10' on the board jump. 5'9" and 178 lbs. Let's get this guy, J-Rob. He stretches the field and can also return punts.

Keep an eye on Anthony Miller of the Bears. They are floating him as a trade chip and the Titans are one among a number of teams who are interested. If the Bears can't make a reasonable deal he may be cut to give them cap room. Does most of his work from the slot, but can also work outside. Trubisky was incapable of using him as they should have. If they pull this off or another quality receiver, it frees them up in the draft.

Wanting to fire the coach after the 1st division title in 12 years is the most VN thing ever.

Wanting him to get fired and recognizing some pretty obvious shortcomings are 2 different things. That was a 10+ loss defense last year that got astronomically bailed out by an incredible offense. That ain’t gonna happen every year.

JRob doesn’t seem like the type of dude who f***s around. I have little doubt in my mind he would cut bait with Vrabel if he felt it was needed. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised at all if JRob played some “inspiration” in bringing in Jim Schwartz.

Reactions: Vols4us
Wanting him to get fired and recognizing some pretty obvious shortcomings are 2 different things. That was a 10+ loss defense last year that got astronomically bailed out by an incredible offense. That ain’t gonna happen every year.

JRob doesn’t seem like the type of dude who f***s around. I have little doubt in my mind he would cut bait with Vrabel if he felt it was needed. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised at all if JRob played some “inspiration” in bringing in Jim Schwartz.

Exactly what I think. Bring him in to help Bowen get the D in order and have him on standby should Vrabel's decision-making tank the season. Drafting and signing FA's well is what built an O that could take control of the game with the strong rush game plus Tannehill's play action passing. It has not been the D getting them into the playoffs. Generally it has not been Vrabel's in-game decisions either. Occasionally he hits it right, but he is wrong a lot. Add in a bad kicking game and you miss your window to get to the ultimate prize. IMO they have 2-3 years tops to get it done with this core group.

Reactions: orangepridenation
Even Kiper has them taking E-Moore at #22 now. Please be so. He has CB Samuel from FSU at #53.

Unless he does a trade or FA signing for another WR like Miller - I like going WR first followed by CB unless they can get a slam dunk on the later. Tannehill needs another weapon or two at WR. Don't know how Reynolds will work out yet.

VN Store

Back