The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

In watching the cap, they would probably need a restructure of Tannehill to sign Clowney unless it was a cheap, incentive laden deal. I'm not a fan - not worth the time on the injury report and lack of sacks to justify it.

Walt at Walterfootball has them going CB with Tyson Campbell of UGA in the first round. Charlie has them taking Jaelan Phillips of the U at pass rush. Would rather they invest in the big CB in Campbell. Having him and Fulton to go with Jackrabbit should be a solid coverage.

FWIW - Charlie has them taking Toney from UF at #53. Despite being a Gator I would be a major fan of that. Player. Walt has them taking a S in Sterns from Texas.
I like the Campbell pick more than the Phillips pick. Also I agree with Toney, I would love to have either him or Moore.

Reactions: Vols4us
NFL.com saying Mitchell Schwartz as the best FA fit for the Titans at RT since he was released by KC after his back injury last season.

2021 NFL free agency: Best fits for Jadeveon Clowney, Carlos Dunlap and more

With the two swing OT signings I don't know how or why that could happen. He may end up retired after that back surgery. If healthy he would be a no brainer to sign if they had cap room.

NFL.com had TY Hilton as a fit for Carolina in the article, while he signed with the Colts yesterday. So there's that.

I like the Campbell pick more than the Phillips pick. Also I agree with Toney, I would love to have either him or Moore.

Saw where Kiper has changed his Titans #22 pick to Toney as well. Probably has Moore going earlier. Vrabel obviously believes in Keon Johnson for CB even if most of the world doesn't. So they may move WR up on the priority list and go later for CB.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Saw where Kiper has changed his Titans #22 pick to Toney as well. Probably has Moore going earlier. Vrabel obviously believes in Keon Johnson for CB even if most of the world doesn't. So they may move WR up on the priority list and go later for CB.
At the cost of Keon playing a lot. Please please please give me Toney.

Reactions: Vols4us
At the cost of Keon playing a lot. Please please please give me Toney.

I have to agree. Go CB with #53 and then take Josh Palmer if he is still on the board at #85. He grades out currently as a 3rd round guy and can pick up the slack of Corey Davis IMO. Toney adds a dimension they do not have on that O. May explain why J-Rob and Vrabel were there for pro day. I would think they would have already released Saffold if they were planning on going for Trey. Will see.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
I have to agree. Go CB with #53 and then take Josh Palmer if he is still on the board at #85. He grades out currently as a 3rd round guy and can pick up the slack of Corey Davis IMO. Toney adds a dimension they do not have on that O. May explain why J-Rob and Vrabel were there for pro day. I would think they would have already released Saffold if they were planning on going for Trey. Will see.
I agree, have to go defense in the first round I would think. Shouldn’t be that hard to find a capable wr2 when you have Henry and AJ to keep the defense’s attention

Lewan will get hurt again and give up more sacks. I hope they are looking at LT’s.

That has to be a concern IMO. How well will he come back from it? Not just recovery, also not having played in a year. It may take him awhile to get back into playing shape. That may explain why they have two swing OT's in Sambrailo and Lamm. Still think they have to draft a future OT they can develop to step in.

Reactions: TrueOrange
Lewan will get hurt again and give up more sacks. I hope they are looking at LT’s.
He’s only 29 (30 when the season starts) with plenty of good football left in him. No reason to believe he won’t bounce back, still one of the best LT’s in the game.

Reactions: CPA
You are going to be disappointed by virtually every draft analysis then.

Would not be the first or the last time that happened.

FWIW - Zierlein has E-Moore going as the #28 to NO and the 5th WR taken. R-Moore from Purdue was not in his first round of his mock. Daniel Jeremiah has E-Moore at #38 of his Top 50 players and no R-Moore on the list. Bateman was #48. So there's that. Will see what happens. Can't fault them for going with a CB with the first pick, but if E-Moore, Toney or even Bateman are available it would be really hard to pass.

Reactions: franklinpence

VN Store

Back