The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

We’ve had some wild games over the years. The 2012 game against the Lions comes to mind as well.
Its amazing to me how bad our offenses used to be. How we leaned on our kickers to score points for basically the entire Jeff Fisher era up until the last two years.

Makes me appreciate Tannehill, Henry and Co so much.

With Jones and Brown and Henry on offense there may not be enough footballs to go around to make sure everybody gets plenty to eat.

With Jones and Brown and Henry on offense there may not be enough footballs to go around to make sure everybody gets plenty to eat.
Jones and Henry are more interested in cementing legacies with a championship than stacking up stats. That shouldn't be an issue.
They are at least saying the right things.

Its amazing to me how bad our offenses used to be. How we leaned on our kickers to score points for basically the entire Jeff Fisher era up until the last two years.

Makes me appreciate Tannehill, Henry and Co so much.

2003 was really the only year I remember us "opening things up" under Fisher, and what do ya know? McNair wins MVP...

But speaking of how bad our offenses used to be, I saw a post on Facebook from one of the Titans' fan pages the other day comparing our frontline starters from 2014 vs. now....and holy freaking crap. It had me floored. Just off the top of my head:

Zach Mettenberger vs. Ryan Tannehill
Bishop Sankey vs. Derrick Henry
Justin Hunter vs. Julio Jones
Kendall Wright vs. AJ Brown
Chance Warmack vs. Roger Saffold
Brian Schwenke vs. Ben Jones

It included defense as well which made it even worse, but the caption read "what a difference a GM makes" or something along those lines.

2003 was really the only year I remember us "opening things up" under Fisher, and what do ya know? McNair wins MVP...

But speaking of how bad our offenses used to be, I saw a post on Facebook from one of the Titans' fan pages the other day comparing our frontline starters from 2014 vs. now....and holy freaking crap. It had me floored. Just off the top of my head:

Zach Mettenberger vs. Ryan Tannehill
Bishop Sankey vs. Derrick Henry
Justin Hunter vs. Julio Jones
Kendall Wright vs. AJ Brown
Chance Warmack vs. Roger Saffold
Brian Schwenke vs. Ben Jones

It included defense as well which made it even worse, but the caption read "what a difference a GM makes" or something along those lines.
Yeah 2003 was it!

We had 2003 and then not until 2019 for us to have some firepower on offense. It's why we are finally legit.

I saw that too. 2014 was certainly miserable...my goodness.

Yeah 2003 was it!

We had 2003 and then not until 2019 for us to have some firepower on offense. It's why we are finally legit.

I really don't understand how the org leadership did not get it until recently. Guess we need to thank Amy for taking the reins and hiring J-Rob. High scoring O's with adequate D to get a few stops and force FG's as much as possible is the way teams are built that win consistently. As teams progress into the playoffs/SB the scoring slows down a bit because the level of competition is better.

Yeah 2003 was it!

Agree with having to have weapons on the outside with firepower, but I love the old school running team the Titans have now. Most Defenses are designed to stop the pass, not to stop a bruising running team.
Titans averaged 31 points a game........and were 3rd from last in passing last year. Amazing.

I really don't understand how the org leadership did not get it until recently. Guess we need to thank Amy for taking the reins and hiring J-Rob. High scoring O's with adequate D to get a few stops and force FG's as much as possible is the way teams are built that win consistently. As teams progress into the playoffs/SB the scoring slows down a bit because the level of competition is better.
That's why I felt like we had to get Juilio, HAD to. I thought "There's no way the Titans will make a move like that we NEVER do." But we got us an organization now! Out of the stone age finally!
I remember in Tannehill's first game as a starter he completed a 3rd and 1 dart over the middle to Corey Davis that went for about 20 yards and I said "woah! We ain't seen stuff like that around these parts!"
And I knew we had a QB....that could pass the ball. I barely remember the McNair days. I hadn't seen great QB play before!

Reactions: Vols4us
Agree with having to have weapons on the outside with firepower, but I love the old school running team the Titans have now. Most Defenses are designed to stop the pass, not to stop a bruising running team.
Titans averaged 31 points a game........and were 3rd from last in passing last year. Amazing.
And those passes were effective. Tannehill still threw for 38 hundred yards. I'm hoping we open it up a little more.

That's why I felt like we had to get Juilio, HAD to. I thought "There's no way the Titans will make a move like that we NEVER do." But we got us an organization now! Out of the stone age finally!
I remember in Tannehill's first game as a starter he completed a 3rd and 1 dart over the middle to Corey Davis that went for about 20 yards and I said "woah! We ain't seen stuff like that around these parts!"
And I knew we had a QB....that could pass the ball. I barely remember the McNair days. I hadn't seen great QB play before!

We all knew immediately when Tannehill went in that it was his team for good. I bet he thought he had died and gone to heaven with Henry in the backfield, a good O-line and a couple of receivers. Now, he has even more. Signing Julio is a big deal. J-Rob learned well with NE and TB. But it was Amy deciding and convincing the family to change the culture that started the ball rolling.

We all knew immediately when Tannehill went in that it was his team for good. I bet he thought he had died and gone to heaven with Henry in the backfield, a good O-line and a couple of receivers. Now, he has even more. Signing Julio is a big deal. J-Rob learned well with NE and TB. But it was Amy deciding and convincing the family to change the culture that started the ball rolling.
I'm so hype!

Reactions: Vols4us
Just signed John Simon and waived Tuzar Skipper. Nice vet depth in the LB group. Vrabel coached him both at Ohio State and Houston.

Vrabel said yesterday James Wilhoit has been hired to coach kickers. When Kuharsky asked if full-time, he answered he's always there when he leaves in the evening.

Reactions: NATHAN05
Vrabel said yesterday James Wilhoit has been hired to coach kickers. When Kuharsky asked if full-time, he answered he's always there when he leaves in the evening.

Saw where we added another kicker a few days ago.

It's almost unfathomable how they've handled the kicking situation by the seat of their pants again after the way our special teams have been these last 2 years. I thought for sure they would have approached the kicker position with a sense of priority this offseason.

So much for the Kizer will beat out Woodside narrative. Next up, Matt Barkley will try to replace Woodside since he is the next try-out for #2. If they can hide Woodside on the practice squad again they might go with Barkley if he looks good. He was the back-up for the Bills for the past three seasons.

VN Store

Back