The Official Tennessee @ South Carolina Game Thread, 6:00 PM ET, SEC Network

It’s not just him. Nobody can handle the ball and nobody wants to shoot. I’d rather take a bad shot than turn the ball over 30 times a game. Viscovi is a terrible point guard. It seems like an accomplishment every time he gets it up the court on an inbound. Pons looks like an elite athlete but without an athletic bone in his body. Bowden was seemingly gonna be a go to player this year but he is dreadful and almost looks like he doesn’t want to be out there half the time. That said officiating was absolutely horrid.
Vescovi is no PG , he needs to work on his dribbling and so does the rest of the team. You kind of close your eyes when Vescovi drives or leaves his feet.

You're stupid. No offense, of course.
I didn’t call you stupid. I’m saying they had an effect on the game. I didn’t say they’re the absolute reason why we lost. But literally no one should say they had no effect on the game. That’s reserved for games with like 20 fouls or less

Ugh, tough loss. I still like watching this team play. I feel like we have several players with good potential, and we're the kind of team that's liable to eek out an unexpected win. I doubt we make the tournament, but the our remaining SOS will give us a chance to make up some ground (granted, a very slim chance), and maybe something crazy happens in the SEC tournament.

Still, I hate this loss. I can't believe the last play was executed perfectly but the shot was missed. Ouch.
The sad part I had no faith in JJJ even making that shot even though he had a good look.

I hate this, dude is arguable our best freshman right now. And has every excuse to not be, he plays hard every possession, why Bowden put him in that situation that late in the shot clock?
Because it’s obvious from Bowdens body language that he wants nothing to do with the ball, especially late in the possession.

Ugh, tough loss. I still like watching this team play. I feel like we have several players with good potential, and we're the kind of team that's liable to eek out an unexpected win. I doubt we make the tournament, but the our remaining SOS will give us a chance to make up some ground (granted, a very slim chance), and maybe something crazy happens in the SEC tournament.

Still, I hate this loss. I can't believe the last play was executed perfectly but the shot was missed. Ouch.
I don't want to pick a fight, but what about this team makes you think they'd beat a superior opponent? They haven't done it all year, outside of Bama

Reactions: lostsheep
I just hope Springer, Keon, or Bailey is an upgrade to Bowden.

I love Bowden, but he’s just not consistent or aggressive enough to be a starter.

The good things Fulky, Pons, James, Santi all just seem to get better every game.

Crazy game...South Carolina out-scored Tennessee 11-3 to close out the game - 6 pts on FTs from Hanniball and Kotsar, and 5 pts from Lawson..... held Fulkerson to only 2 points in the final 9 minutes of the game....

Yea, I get it. We don’t have a great team. But the inconsistency in officiating is awful. My blood pressure is better when not watching. I know officiating isn’t easy, but the SEC has a serious problem, yet, they won’t fix it.
I agree , the SEC refs are the worst.

Crazy game...South Carolina out-scored Tennessee 11-3 to close out the game - 6 pts on FTs from Hanniball and Kotsar, and 5 pts from Lawson..... held Fulkerson to only 2 points in the final 9 minutes of the game....
We stopped looking for Fulk and it cost us. Our best offense was making the refs make choices

I don't want to pick a fight, but what about this team makes you think they'd beat a superior opponent? They haven't done it all year.
Because it just happens. Vandy beats LSU. Missouri beats Auburn. It's the way of NCAA basketball. I'm not saying it's definitely going to happen, but it won't be shocking if it does.

Reactions: Lankykong
I blame Bowden for that about 99%. I don't know what in the hell he was doing just standing out there.

I've tried giving him the benefit of the doubt and waiting but I'm so over him. He's simply not a leader and not very good.
Agree with this. How does a senior not know what to do if the first pass is denied??!!

Fulk seemed to fold under pressure in the last 4 minutes, he had a couple of travels and I think 2 charges and a turnover trying to get the ball to Pons. But he is Tn offense now

Yeah, this one was definitely winnable. Refs were bad but not horrible, and we def should have gotten this.

Because it just happens. Vandy beats LSU. Missouri beats Auburn. It's the way of NCAA basketball. I'm not saying it's definitely going to happen, but it won't be shocking if it does.

I think we can beat Auburn in Knoxville, and probably will beat UF and Vandy. Auburn isn't nearly as good as their record indicates.

But I seriously doubt we win any of the remaining road games either.

Somehow didn’t foul Fulky either to do it...😐

Bryant had 0 fouls in the 2nd half... I think they called 6 or more fouls on us in the 2nd half.

Officials were absolutely trash inconsistent in how they called the game, bad both ways. Just seemed to go against us in the last few minutes.

Reactions: Lankykong
Fulk seemed to fold under pressure in the last 4 minutes, he had a couple of travels and I think 2 charges and a turnover trying to get the ball to Pons. But he is Tn offense now
I really feel like the TO was a foul (plus not in a good situation) and at least one of the charges were fouls though. The travels, yeah, but like every time he shot it, it seemed like it was going in or a foul. We needed Kotsar to foul out earlier, so we should have fed him more. Wasn’t like Vescovi and Bowden weren’t having TOs

I blame Bowden for that about 99%. I don't know what in the hell he was doing just standing out there.

I've tried giving him the benefit of the doubt and waiting but I'm so over him. He's simply not a leader and not very good.
he did nothing on defense. I dont know if he had a rebound. I know him and JJ were by themselves on a FT and the shooter missed and got his own rebound and scored. It was pretty pathetic

South Carolina blew up our last possession and wouldn’t let us run what what we wanted, and we didn’t react well to it at all. Still had a timeout and probably used have used it or Bowden should have put his head down and drive to the basket. That is the 3rd game this year, in my opinion, we should not have lost. These kids will learn from it, but would take a miracle to get to the tournament now. Will see what sort of fight these players got in them the rest of the way against teams who could put a beat down on us, if we aren’t focused. Just a tiny margin of error with this team. Hope they continue to play for each other and for pride.

Reactions: lostsheep

VN Store

Back