The Official Tennessee @ Mizzou Weekend Series Thread 3/17-3/19 (Fri. 4PM EST) (Sat. Postponed) (Sun. 2PM EST Doubleheader) (All games SEC NET+)

That’s a little dramatic don’t ya think?
No getting swept by one of the bottom dwellers in demeaning fashion isn’t good. It isn’t like we just lost by a few runs, we got smacked in 2 out of three games. It doesn’t get any easier going forward. We either will get better (hoping so) or lose a lot more games.

Reactions: greasemachine
This is not your 2022 team that’s clear. Lot of growing up to do before summer time.
We had 3 really good hitters coming back from last year. Added 3 really good hitters from the portal. Up and coming stars and thought we would be good. We don't have the team fielding speed the defense is suspect. Need a bunch of time in batting cage for sure. NCAA took our swagger away, hopefully the guys will regroup when they get back home. GBO !!!

This is not your 2022 team that’s clear. Lot of growing up to do before summer time.
No team is the 2022 team. And it was unfair for anybody to put that on them. Comes with the territory I get it. But they were never going to live up to that. The mighty LSU already lost their second game a month before the 2022 team did. Just have to find themselves

No getting swept by one of the bottom dwellers in demeaning fashion isn’t good. It isn’t like we just lost by a few runs, we got smacked in 2 out of three games. It doesn’t get any easier going forward. We either will get better (hoping so) or lose a lot more games.
Let’s see how Missouri does the rest of the season before we call them bottom dwellers.

Yeah, I don’t know what the problem is but they’re better than this. This series wasn’t even competitive.

I think the chemistry of this team has not jelled yet.Lost a lot of leaders add to that a lot of key players now are new portal transfers. This team needs a little time to find its identity. The strong pitching on this team can carry it at times but I’m hoping it all comes together because I think they can be a top team in the nation. Time will tell.

Every team needs a nice kick to the nads every once in awhile. I truly underestimated Missouri but they are much improved from last season. Tip of the cap to them. Get ready for W. Carolina and then a talented A&M team for the SEC Home Opener.

If they needed a "kick to the nads" in the first SEC series then that's really not a good sign. It's not the end of the season or anything but this team needs to figure some crap out.

Then again last year Ole Miss proved the reguarl season is overrrated.

Every team needs a nice kick to the nads every once in awhile. I truly underestimated Missouri but they are much improved from last season. Tip of the cap to them. Get ready for W. Carolina and then a talented A&M team for the SEC Home Opener.
We’ve been kicked in the nads by every competent team we’ve faced this year. When it does it begin to wake you up/reverse things?

Game 2 was a smacking too. If the CF doesn’t drop a routine fly it’s game over 7-2.

Reactions: volfan__18
I think the chemistry of this team has not jelled yet.Lost a lot of leaders add to that a lot of key players now are new portal transfers. This team needs a little time to find its identity. The strong pitching on this team can carry it at times but I’m hoping it all comes together because I think they can be a top team in the nation. Time will tell.
My personal opinion is the chemistry hasn’t come together due to the constant lineup changes. Drieling is the future and showed more in his first 10 AB’s than KB had all year. The change should’ve been made and stuck with it. Flip flopping Dickey to every OF spot, playing 4-5 CF’s etc. had yielded nothing but confusion and poor communication. I watched a 5th year C Scott camp under a ball and then let a charging out of control Dickey call him off for what should’ve been a routine ball for him and it about turned into an adventure. None of the pitchers appear to be very vocal from a rah rah standpoint and they’re the few returning starters. The leadership is just lacking due to all the new faces and inexperience.

VN Store

Back