The Official Tennessee @ Mizzou Weekend Series Thread 3/17-3/19 (Fri. 4PM EST) (Sat. Postponed) (Sun. 2PM EST Doubleheader) (All games SEC NET+)

Exactly. Hard to argue at this moment, they are the better team. So where would that leave us?
Talent-wise we are still one of the best teams in the country. It’s just a matter of executing and focus. Usually we get a better idea of how the conference will shake out after the first 4-5 series.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
We’ve been kicked in the nads by every competent team we’ve faced this year. When it does it begin to wake you up/reverse things?
Let’s get one thing straight, losing 3 games by a combined 4 runs is NOT getting kicked in the nads. That’s a fact and I will not even entertain that as a discussion for the first three losses this season. If you feel that way then I suggest you choose another sport to follow.

Missouri kicked us in the nads but the other losses were hard fought.

Let’s get one thing straight, losing 3 games by a combined 4 runs is NOT getting kicked in the nads. That’s a fact and I will not even entertain that as a discussion for the first three losses this season. If you feel that way then I suggest you choose another sport to follow.

Missouri kicked us in the nads but the other losses were hard fought.
I don’t know the official definition of being kicked in the nads. My definition at the moment is every competent opponent has beaten us. Thanks for the suggestion on finding another sport, however I’ll be in LNS this weekend like I am every home series (assuming Noah’s flood doesn’t come). I don’t know why that’s the go to answer for everything on here when there’s a differing opinion or comment of concern.

There’s a lot to be fixed or this season can wind up like State last year. I’m not predicting that to happen, but at this point, if it did, I won’t be able to look back and say there weren’t signs. We’re averaging 2.7 RPG in the 6 losses and none of those teams are the quality of what lies ahead of us. Legitimate D1 pitching is shutting us down so far.

I don’t know the official definition of being kicked in the nads. My definition at the moment is every competent opponent has beaten us. Thanks for the suggestion on finding another sport, however I’ll be in LNS this weekend like I am every home series (assuming Noah’s flood doesn’t come). I don’t know why that’s the go to answer for everything on here when there’s a differing opinion or comment of concern.

There’s a lot to be fixed or this season can wind up like State last year. I’m not predicting that to happen, but at this point, if it did, I won’t be able to look back and say there weren’t signs. We’re averaging 2.7 RPG in the 6 losses and none of those teams are the quality of what lies ahead of us. Legitimate D1 pitching is shutting us down so far.
Anyone would realistically consider a kick to the nads in this situation to be getting thoroughly outplayed from start to finish. You know what it means. And don’t play the “oh well I’m there every weekend” elitist BS either.

Tough weekend. I watched all three games.

"The reports of (our) death have been greatly exaggerated" a misquote attributed to Samuel Clemens (aka Mark Twain), who was from Missouri. This seems like an appropriate quote to use for this weekend.

Things we know: Tennessee has four players on the Golden Spikes Award List. LSU is the only other school with four players on the 55 person list. Our three weekend starters are all on that list. That's not an error. Although, Missouri had to deal with the same weather conditions, our pitchers seemed to struggle more. I saw a lot of blowing on fingers and hand rubbing and then not able to land certain pitches. No excuses we lost.

As a general rule in the SEC you need to win 2 of 3 at home during a weekend series.
You need to win at least 1 of 3 on the road. So we are currently down one game in a thirty game schedule.

Things we don't know: Missouri is predicted as the last team in a league of 14. I highly doubt they are the worse team in the league.

The number of extra base hits ( down the lines) by Missouri was amazing. It also speaks to our pitchers inability to hit spots.

Time, pratice and warmer weather will help.

Last edited:

"The reports of (our) death have been greatly exaggerated" a misquote attributed to Samuel Clemens (aka Mark Twain), who was from Missouri. seems like an appropriate quote to use for this weekend.
Things we know: Tennessee has four players on the Golden Spikes Award List. Only LSU has four on the 55 person list. Our three weekend starters are all on that list. That's not an error. Although, Missouri had to deal with the same weather conditions, our pitchers seemed to struggle more. I saw a lot of blowing on fingers and hand rubbing and then not able to land certain pitches. No excuses we lost.

As a general rule in the SEC you need to win 2 of 3 at home during a weekend series.
You need to win at least 1 of 3 on the road. So we are currently down one game in a thirty game schedule.

Things we don't know: if Missouri is predicted as the last team in a league of 14. I highly doubt they are the worse team in the league.

The number of extra base hits ( down the lines) by Missouri was amazing. It also speaks to our pitchers inability to hit spots.

Time. Pratice and warmer weather will help.
a rational post, thank you……you could argue that everything that could go wrong for us, did, and everything for them went right.

"The reports of (our) death have been greatly exaggerated" a misquote attributed to Samuel Clemens (aka Mark Twain), who was from Missouri. seems like an appropriate quote to use for this weekend.
Things we know: Tennessee has four players on the Golden Spikes Award List. Only LSU has four on the 55 person list. Our three weekend starters are all on that list. That's not an error. Although, Missouri had to deal with the same weather conditions, our pitchers seemed to struggle more. I saw a lot of blowing on fingers and hand rubbing and then not able to land certain pitches. No excuses we lost.

Things we don't know: Missouri is predicted as the last team in a league of 14. I highly doubt they are the worse team in the league.

Time. Pratice and warmer weather will help.
Most of the missed spots seemed to be happening with 2 strikes too which was weird. Dollander would be rolling until he got to two strikes lol just one of those weekends

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Anyone would realistically consider a kick to the nads in this situation to be getting thoroughly outplayed from start to finish. You know what it means. And don’t play the “oh well I’m there every weekend” elitist BS either.
That’s elitist? I’m simply stating I’m not going anywhere as you suggested, in fact the opposite. Losing a bunch of games by 1 or a bunch of games by 5+ lead to the same result.

Texas A&M is a must win series next weekend before heading to Baton Rouge next Wednesday for the Thur-Sat series with the Tigers. You can’t go to LSU 1-5 or 0-6 in conference play. If they do then this team may be out of the making it to Hoover by Mid April with their next 5 series .

Reactions: Titan05

VN Store

Back