The Official Tennessee @ Mizzou Weekend Series Thread 3/17-3/19 (Fri. 4PM EST) (Sat. Postponed) (Sun. 2PM EST Doubleheader) (All games SEC NET+)

The balk had nothing to do with coming set. A pitcher does not have to come set to throw to first. The balk was called correctly. A pitcher has to step towards the base he is throwing to. When using a jump move like Burns does, the body has to come completely around and be pointed towards 1st base. Take a look at Burns’ body after he completes the pick off. Everything is still pointed towards home plate and that is a balk..Technically Burns balks just about every times he throws to first somebody just finally called it. Don’t be surprised if it gets called more often now.
I said it was the feet/move to first. I’ve never heard of not having to come set once you start your stretch; regardless of where you’re going with the ball.

That pitch was infinitely worse than Beam’s ball 4. After the Mizzou catcher showed the ump up by jumping to the dugout I can’t believe they’ve rewarded them with this zone.

After this piss poor showing of a baseball team, we should fall to #10 in the polls.
Probably fall a lot further than that and I see it as a good thing. If you wanna be recognized as the top, you need to start making things click. There’s a lot that’s off right now and they better figure it out.

What’s up people. Missed all of game 1, saw enough in game 2, gonna get to watch some of this one. Has their pitching been that good?

Where is that pitch in relation to the last Mizzou strikeout!? We’re not getting the same zone at all. Umps have forced us to throw right over the plate all weekend.

VN Store

Back