The Official Tennessee @ Mississippi State Game Thread, 2:00 PM ET, ESPNU

UT looks awful after playing KU a very good game. Fulky today looks like the player we saw all the time last year...over matched. Vols D down low in the 2nd half is a Joke. Don't see many wins left on the schedule.

With going to AL next who plays well at home and 2 and 2 with KY/AU this season will not end well I'm afraid, Too much player adversity for this team, with limited talent, to overcome. I do think next yrs team will be better.

That should not have been a foul on Bowden in the backcourt, bad call. Didn’t matter though. This is what it looks like when you play bad enough that fouls don’t matter

Reactions: tnvols72
15-16 win team. Nice to see Plavsic play his best offensive game, and Santiago had his
moments, but other than that nobody did much of anything. Fulky completely overmatched and our defense in the second half was atrocious. Just not nearly enough talent on this team. Those freshmen better be damn special next year.

I think with the Uros and Fulky coming back and the newcomers next year this team can be very dangerous. Outside shooting and driving to the basket will be much improved. Although I would love to add one more skilled big man.

Sucks to miss on the tourney but that lives up with realistic expectations for this year
Once Turner had dead shoulder we were done without massive luck (would have needed to luck out v Kansas and have games called absolutely fairly or a little TN biased)

I was hoping my prognostication from two weeks ago would be incorrect, however, I’m not sure we can get to 17-18 wins. This team plays very hard but goes thru too many scoring droughts. Hopefully Barnes will develop some of these guys and NIT bound.

Still have two vs Ky, Arkansas, 2 vs Auburn, and Bama (not in that order).

pretty sure this is the most amount of points we've let up this year. just scanning quickly, looks like the previous high against us was 80 vs uga

VN Store

Back