The Official Tennessee @ Mississippi State Game Thread, 2:00 PM ET, ESPNU

With all the personnel issues on this team created by Barnes not recruiting, I still have trouble trying to figure out why he does nothing to help his team out on the court. Other team is bigger inside. Where is the off ball picks by guards to put their man on Fulky or Pons down low where they may actually have an advantage? Our bigs coming off the bench are not strong enough or athletic enough to guard other teams bigs, where is the defensive zone to try and help them out and not make them play one on one ? Barnes can rant all he wants about somebody not playing the way he wants but where is his adjustments for the lack of talent that he has on this team ? I don't see it sorry. Trying to run what you did last year with a team that is not as good makes no sense. By the way fifth year for Barnes and no talent on team, really ?

With all the personnel issues on this team created by Barnes not recruiting, I still have trouble trying to figure out why he does nothing to help his team out on the court. Other team is bigger inside. Where is the off ball picks by guards to put their man on Fulky or Pons down low where they may actually have an advantage? Our bigs coming off the bench are not strong enough or athletic enough to guard other teams bigs, where is the defensive zone to try and help them out and not make them play one on one ? Barnes can rant all he wants about somebody not playing the way he wants but where is his adjustments for the lack of talent that he has on this team ? I don't see it sorry. Trying to run what you did last year with a team that is not as good makes no sense. By the way fifth year for Barnes and no talent on team, really ?
How do you know what they are running? If players miss assignments. Or out of position. That's not on Barnes. This team is a lot better when their making shots. They get down quickly on themselves when its brick city. And I'm sick and tired of all the it's his 5th year he doesn't recruit crap. Look at North Carolina. Look at Purdue. Teams have down years. At least we have a team that is going to have experience with our loaded class next year. Just watch for individual improvement in players. Dont worry about missing the tournament this year. It's just entertainment. Not life or death.

Offseason money grab? LOL. UCLA offered came to him and offered more. Barnes was nailed for giving his own money to his assistants since his athletic department was dropping the ball with their support. We're lucky that he didn't walk away from UT.
Yeah, exactly. An offseason money grab. He courted another job to get a raise. It's common practice with coaches now a days. All I'm saying is it opens him up for more criticism which is a fact. He better get it going again next year. I'm saying I think he will.

How do you know what they are running? If players miss assignments. Or out of position. That's not on Barnes. This team is a lot better when their making shots. They get down quickly on themselves when its brick city. And I'm sick and tired of all the it's his 5th year he doesn't recruit crap. Look at North Carolina. Look at Purdue. Teams have down years. At least we have a team that is going to have experience with our loaded class next year. Just watch for individual improvement in players. Dont worry about missing the tournament this year. It's just entertainment. Not life or death.
Not on Barnes if players miss assignments or are out of position???? His job is to get players to not miss assignments and be in position. Dumbest argument I've ever heard.

Not on Barnes if players miss assignments or are out of position???? His job is to get players to not miss assignments and be in position. Dumbest argument I've ever heard.
No it isnt. Young players get on the floor and get nervous. They over think. They try to hard to be perfect. I've coached young men before. It takes time for them to settle in. You add big crowds and that makes it even harder. Barnes can coach them up all day and night. But when the ball goes up in the air it's up to the players to make plays. So take your dumbest argument comment and shove it. It's the truth. Nerves play with young guys ability.

Reactions: walkenvol

VN Store

Back