The Official Tennessee @ Georgia Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPNU

Improve this team since when?

what do you want him to do right now? Seriously?

Vescovi was brought in, and now Plavsic is eligible.......the roster is what it is. The players missing shots is not on Barnes....his system is getting them looks.

Barnes has started Gaines. He has given Pember, Johnson and Oliver more minutes to try and get someone “fresh” an opportunity to get the team going.....what else “could” Barnes do?
name one thing this team is even decent at. I will wait...
fundamentals would be a start.
In case you have missed it , nobody is getting looks. They do nothing but pass the ball around until the shot clock is at 1 and whoever has the ball gets to shoot. They dont even run a offense. No matter how bad the talent is, a coach can get them to do at least 1 thing decent

Hate to say it...I love the guy, but Bowden is killing us.

He has to get outta this slump or we’re just not gonna be productive offensively.

Reactions: VolsSportsFan
Recruit better.

Lol

He has.....I’m fairly confident in that.

You don’t usually come to a place like Tennessee when they had not been doing well, and all of a sudden land a bunch of 5 stars. that comes from winning.......and Barnes has done just that.

Two leave early, Two transfer, one quits, one gets injured.......and somehow that is really only about Barnes recruiting......I think some of you guys have a hard time looking at the “big” picture.......6 players gone who should/could be there.

Also like I said.....what would you guys have him do RIGHT NOW.....to improve this team?

Reactions: TheThrill
The team has regressed. No hustle. No passion. Where’s the Deacon? Cal wins with Frosh, so does Coach K, so does Pearl. We have players. We don’t have a team.

If I was Barnes, I would tell Bowden and Pons not to take another 3 pointer for the rest of the season.

The team has regressed. No hustle. No passion. Where’s the Deacon? Cal wins with Frosh, so does Coach K, so does Pearl. We have players. We don’t have a team.

Cal and Coach K have very different freshmen than we do; JJJ is good, but he’s not an “explosive” 5-star and can’t carry a limited team solo.

We’ll see how Barnes does with big deal freshmen next year and a lot of returning talent. I think we’ll be pleased!

name one thing this team is even decent at. I will wait...
fundamentals would be a start.
In case you have missed it , nobody is getting looks. They do nothing but pass the ball around until the shot clock is at 1 and whoever has the ball gets to shoot. They dont even run a offense. No matter how bad the talent is, a coach can get them to do at least 1 thing decent

Lol

You obviously do not have even a basic understanding of how this offense works.

Also I didn’t say anything about what this team does or doesn’t do.....but since you asked.......they are one of the best defensive teams in the nation......no need to wait long.

Surely didn’t show it tonight but they are and you asked.

Lol

He has.....I’m fairly confident in that.

You don’t usually come to a place like Tennessee when they had not been doing well, and all of a sudden land a bunch of 5 stars. that comes from winning.......and Barnes has done just that.

Two leave early, Two transfer, one quits, one gets injured.......and somehow that is really only about Barnes recruiting......I think some of you guys have a hard time looking at the “big” picture.......6 players gone who should/could be there.

Also like I said.....what would you guys have him do RIGHT NOW.....to improve this team?
Teach them to make baskets.

VN Store

Back