The Official Tennessee @ Georgia Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPNU

YankeeVol

Veni Vidi Vici
Tennessee Volunteers: 10-5 (2-1 SEC)

EOBpSokU0AAmILM

@

Georgia Bulldogs: 10-5 (0-2 SEC)

image.php

GAME 16 | TENNESSEE at GEORGIA - Jan. 15, 2020 | 7:05 p.m. ET | Stegeman Coliseum (10,523)

Line: UT: +3
O/U: 136

TV: ESPNU / Watch
Radio:
Vol Network / Listen
Satellite Radio:
Sirrius: --- / XM: ---
Online: ESPN App

Georgia Game Notes

Lr2rBp8d

Last edited:
THE SERIES
• Tennessee leads the all-time series with Georgia, 96-60, dating to 1913. This is the 157th meeting overall and the only regular-season meeting set for this season.
• The Bulldogs have a 39-33 edge when the series is played in Athens.
• Tennessee has won two straight in this series but hasn't won at Stegeman Coliseum since 2011 (five straight losses in Athens).

STORYLINES
• Tennessee's .259 field-goal percentage in its last game (vs. South Carolina) was its second-lowest during the Barnes era, but the Vols somehow found a way to win.
• When these teams met last season in Knoxville, Tennessee's 53 first-half points were more than UGA managed the entire game (50).
• In its five games during the month of December, Tennessee shot .228 from 3-point range. In UT's three games this month, the Vols are shooting .370 from long range.
Josiah-Jordan James (.615) and Santiago Vescovi (.556) rank second and fourth, respectively, in the SEC in 3-point percentage during league play.
• Fifth-year senior and preseason All-SEC guard Lamonté Turner announced on Dec. 21 that he will no longer suit up for the Vols due to thoracic outlet syndrome. The Vols are 2-2 without him.

LAYUP LINES
• Tennessee's 14.0 assists per game are second-most in the SEC during league play. But it's 18.0 turnovers per SEC game are the most in the league.
• Tennessee ranks second in the SEC and 10th nationally in scoring defense, allowing only 59.3 ppg.
• Junior forward Yves Pons has blocked at least one shot in every game this season and ranks second in the SEC and 24th nationally with 2.6 bpg.
• Pons is tied as the SEC leader with 3.7 bpg during league play.
• Junior John Fulkerson is shooting a team-best .657 from the field while averaging a career-best 11.4 points per game this season.
• True freshman Josiah-Jordan James leads the Vols with 6.0 rebounds per game. He is the SEC's third-leading rebounder among freshmen.

ABOUT GEORGIA
• After ending non-conference play with four consecutive wins, including a road triumph over ninth-ranked Memphis, Georgia dropped its first two conference contests to Kentucky and Auburn.
• Against Kentucky, the Wildcats erased a six-point halftime deficit to leave Athens with a 78-69 victory. On Saturday against Auburn, the Tigers led for the final 25 minutes to walk away with a 22-point win.
• Following a difficult 2018-19 season that saw the Bulldogs finish 11-21 and near the bottom of the SEC, head coach Tom Crean looks to lead Georgia back to the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2015 in his second season at the helm.
• So far this year, the Bulldogs have been led by freshman standout Anthony Edwards. The five-star recruit and the No. 1-rated prospect in the Class of 2019 is Georgia's most prolific scorer, averaging 18.7 ppg. He has also been effective on the glass, ranking third on the team in rebounds with 4.8 rpg.
• Georgia has also seen great production from junior forward Rayshaun Hammonds, who ranks second on the team in scoring (13.6 ppg), first in rebounds (8.7 rpg) and fourth in assists (1.5 apg). Hammonds has responded well after coming off an injury that ended his 2018-19 campaign prematurely. He has upped his rebounding production by 2.6 boards per game and his scoring output by 1.5 points per game from last season.
• Graduate transfer Donnell Gresham Jr., who came from Northeastern, also has provided a spark for Georgia, averaging 4.9 rebounds and 1.3 steals, ranking second on the team in both categories.
• The University of Georgia has produced 25 alumni who have gone on to become state governors, including six of the last seven governors of Georgia.

I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but has there been any word that Uros will play tomorrow? I would think he'd get at least some action. Maybe even start...

Reactions: RollerVol
Huge game, an upset win at Georgia would be really good for UTs resume and a 3-1 start in the SEC. Not a good match-up for the Vols, imo, but lately we seem to play better on the road. Bowden has to break out of his slump, sometime. Why not this game ? Plus Plavsic should play some tomorrow night and could be a problem, since Georgia doesn't really have a scouting report on him. Hopefully, the Vols get the perfect storm and pull off an upset. Vols win, 70-68

I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but has there been any word that Uros will play tomorrow? I would think he'd get at least some action. Maybe even start...

No need for The Deacon to show his hand. I doubt that many expected to see Vescovi start and play 30 minutes versus LSU a week after he arrived in Knoxville. Make Crean prepare for Uros AND for no Uros.

Why are we on ESPN U. Ima call and have it added tomorrow I guess. My spectrum package does not include it 😞

Reactions: RollerVol
I'll be surprised if Uros doesn't start. He was the plan in september. He's earned it practice. He's excited. the team's excited. And papaw loves throwing wrenches into the mix.

would imagine Uros will get some minutes....just don't let Edwards go off on us...he's the Dawgs biggest weapon...clamp him down...

GO BIG ORANGE!

Reactions: feathersax
Why are we on ESPN U. Ima call and have it added tomorrow I guess. My spectrum package does not include it 😞

Surprised it's not on the SEC Network. Not a compelling game Nationally. Probably not worth the subscription; either. Ga at home looks like an L for UT; at this point in the season. However, Bowden has shot better on the road; so one never knows.

I'll be surprised if Uros doesn't start. He was the plan in september. He's earned it practice. He's excited. the team's excited. And papaw loves throwing wrenches into the mix.

Who gets bumped out of the starting line-up?

VN Store

Back