The official "regular posters of the Basketball forum" thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure why he would. He will get plenty of minutes. Unless it's a personality clash issue with RB.....

It wouldn't necessarily be a clash. It could be that Barnes' recruits a different type of person than Donnie Tyndall does. It could mean Turner gets recruited over and throws in the towel. It could also be nothing... I've not heard anything about more attrition. But if it happens it won't surprise me if it was one of the Tyndall Two that exits.

I dont know who it is but there is something out there about another player transferring. I think we can rule out Turner. I have thought of Bone but cant confirm that quite yet.

I hope for Turner's sake he doesn't leave unless he transfers to a lower division and doesn't have to sit out a year. He's already lost his redshirt.

I could be wrong and blinded by my bias, but I don't see Turner leaving. Not after using his redshirt. Plus I believe he will be an important piece for us this season.

Reactions: 1 person
I held my tongue, but I was scratching my head when so many posters were bringing up his name when we heard about potential attrition.

I think that was based on Turner's body language a couple of times.

Turner has the potential to have a big year(he certainly showed flashes last year)assuming he's not playing PG any next year.

Currently have the #6 class in the country and likely will finish higher than that with Jontay Porter expected to join the 2017 class still

For some reason I am not concerned with that - I see him being like BP getting a top ranked class and then not doing anything with it. I don't think this class means automatic sustained success in recruiting because the Porters are only coming because of their dad. Also from a performance stand point all we have to do is look at his years at Cal and the NBA talent he had on those teams that couldn't make it out of the first round of the NCAA tourney - Just my early thought

For some reason I am not concerned with that - I see him being like BP getting a top ranked class and then not doing anything with it. I don't think this class means automatic sustained success in recruiting because the Porters are only coming because of their dad. Also from a performance stand point all we have to do is look at his years at Cal and the NBA talent he had on those teams that couldn't make it out of the first round of the NCAA tourney - Just my early thought

His next class is very important...Michael Porter will be leaving early for the NBA and they'll lose the graduate transfer, if they don't have a solid 2018 class then I don't see much sustained success.

I'm not sure what the ceiling is for their team this year, I really could see anywhere from a 17-23 win team, hard for me to see them doing much better/worse than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back