The official "regular posters of the Basketball forum" thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coach Des going to the big EYBL tourney this weekend. But Barnes is staying on campus since Darrington is coming in for his OV. I hope at least Barnes goes to Hampton Va on Sunday at least. Thos is a huge evwnt with alot of top prospects there.

Edit: forgot to add that Des is coming back to be on hand for Darrington's visit. Have no clue why he just cant stay there

Maybe some other assistants are there .

UK's Bam signing with an agent so he's gone, also Diallo has declared but not signed with an agent so he could return...gonna be very interesting next year in Lexington.

UK's Bam signing with an agent so he's gone, also Diallo has declared but not signed with an agent so he could return...gonna be very interesting next year in Lexington.

If we get Bamba then I'm fine with Bam leaving. Bamba might be right up there with Towns, Davis, and Cousins. I never really banked on Diallo playing, but I think we've recruited well enough to not be short depth wise. Diallo would be interesting to see with that extra semester though. I think we have a shot at another guard regardless.

If we get Bamba then I'm fine with Bam leaving. Bamba might be right up there with Towns, Davis, and Cousins. I never really banked on Diallo playing, but I think we've recruited well enough to not be short depth wise. Diallo would be interesting to see with that extra semester though. I think we have a shot at another guard regardless.

My point of absolutely no experience will be even more glaring with Bam gone and if Diallo doesn't return, Bamba doesn't change that.

It's obvious why all of the best post players want to play for Cal with all of the guys he's put in the league. But why wouldn't a guy who could play the 2 or 3 look at their roster and their forward-heavy incoming class and NOT want to go there?

It's still kind of head scratching as to why Cal didn't play Diallo after the 2nd semester started? Cal had to know that he was never going to be there longer than a year or two. He could have been the difference maker and the defensive player they needed in the tourney.

It's still kind of head scratching as to why Cal didn't play Diallo after the 2nd semester started? Cal had to know that he was never going to be there longer than a year or two. He could have been the difference maker and the defensive player they needed in the tourney.

Yeah, that's the same thing I was thinking .

He chose to not play from what I heard. I think he was going to stay but heard buzz of a guaranteed first round draft slot and decided to come out.

Supposedly it was up to Diallo.

Basketball question. I'm late starting the Thunder Rockets. And Chuck brought up the most attempts even a shooter should have. That's my question to the regs, after 10-15 misses, should a shooter defer and concentrate on other things till the time demands it? Or should he shoot his way, and maybe team be damned?

Basketball question. I'm late starting the Thunder Rockets. And Chuck brought up the most attempts even a shooter should have. That's my question to the regs, after 10-15 misses, should a shooter defer and concentrate on other things till the time demands it? Or should he shoot his way, and maybe team be damned?

I'd say keep shooting every time you have an open look. That's the coach's job to take the player out if the question comes up. Kobe had some off nights and it got him 5 rings.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I'd say keep shooting every time you have an open look. That's the coach's job to take the player out of the question comes up. Kobe had some off nights and it got him 5 rings.

I definitely see that side. That's all I used to be able to contribute. But I see forwards and posts trying to shoot their way out now days. Where's the line draw?

By the way Indy, Turner in game 4 is sticking out right now!!! Dam our team can choke a game.

It was rough, the whole series was hard to watch. Between game 1 coming down to the last shot and then being up by almost 30 at the half in game 3, something's got to change. We've proved multiple times in that series and in other games that we can hang with anyone, but we can never seem to put it together. Every time we get a lead we get conservative and play not to lose instead of playing to win.

I would almost rather have Vogel than McMillian. We fired Vogel to make a change but we've got Vogel's assistant running Vogel's system with Vogel's guys. Drives me crazy.

It was rough, the whole series was hard to watch. Between game 1 coming down to the last shot and then being up by almost 30 at the half in game 3, something's got to change. We've proved multiple times in that series and in other games that we can hang with anyone, but we can never seem to put it together. Every time we get a lead we get conservative and play not to lose instead of playing to win.

I would almost rather have Vogel than McMillian. We fired Vogel to make a change but we've got Vogel's assistant running Vogel's system with Vogel's guys. Drives me crazy.

frustrating dor sure. Still got the bubble guts from game 3

Let the game come to him. Take his opportunities and open looks and move onto the next one.

Reactions: 2 people
Sounds like Edmonton would be a more favorable matchup.

I barely understand what's going on with hockey. I'd never notice an icing or offsides if they weren't called. Listening to the crowd reaction helps to see something developing. I wonder what percentage of goals are scored when there's a power play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back