The official "regular posters of the Basketball forum" thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing come back by the Lady Vol softball team today. Losing in a perfect game into the 6th (next to last) inning. Left the bases loaded in the 6th... no runs.

Down 3-0 going into the top if the 7th. Two outs. Then a two run hit. Then a 3 run home run. Then a 2 run home run. TN wins 7-3 and plays at noon Sunday. Any one of the three team playing the next two games today will be in the loser's bracket and will have to win two versus the LVs tomorrow. TN is 2-0 and only needs one win to advance.

The LVs were down to their last out, down 3-0, facing having to win 3 games in a row to advance. Instead they have to win one of two tomorrow to advance.

I think that Ralph Weekly is retiring as soon as the season is over.

Amazing come back by the ladies today.

Zo just added another 5* to Missouri, Jontay Porter, Tigers have a top 5 class for 2017.

This is his shot. I hope it's true about him being hands-off when it comes to the offensive gameplan. These five stars didn't commit to Mizzou to score 40 points a game and use up the entire shot clock each possession. These guys came to put up numbers and get drafted. Let the kids run!

Coincidentally I'll be in Smashville during the Stanley Cup Finals. Decided to look into going to a game.

Ticket Prices are Ridonk

Coincidentally I'll be in Smashville during the Stanley Cup Finals. Decided to look into going to a game.

Ticket Prices are Ridonk

Would definitely be fun to go to a game. I've never been a huge hockey fan, but I'll watch a game if it's the only thing on.

I miss this guy in his prime:

"All of us learn to write in second grade. Most of us go on to greater things."

"The key is not the "will to win" . . . everybody has that. It is the will to prepare to win that is important."

"There are times when my passion for basketball led me into confrontations that I could have handled a lot better. I've always been too confrontational, especially when I know I'm right."

"Mental toughness is to physical as four is to one."

"If the NBA was on channel five and a bunch of frogs making love were on channel four, I'd watch the frogs – even if they were coming in fuzzy."

"Your biggest opponent isn't the other guy. It's human nature."

"Discipline: doing what you have to do, and doing it as well as you possibly can, and doing it that way all the time."

"I told him to take a picture of his testicles so he'd have something to remember them by if he ever took another shot like the last one."

"You are never going to be driven anywhere worthwhile, but you sure as hell drive yourself to a lot of great places. It is up to you to drive yourself there."

"When my time on Earth is gone and my activities here are past I want that they should bury me upside down so my critics can kiss my ass."

"The key is not the "will to win" . . . everybody has that. It is the will to prepare to win that is important."

"There are times when my passion for basketball led me into confrontations that I could have handled a lot better. I've always been too confrontational, especially when I know I'm right."

"If the NBA was on channel five and a bunch of frogs making love were on channel four, I'd watch the frogs – even if they were coming in fuzzy."

"Discipline: doing what you have to do, and doing it as well as you possibly can, and doing it that way all the time."

"I told him to take a picture of his testicles so he'd have something to remember them by if he ever took another shot like the last one."

"You are never going to be driven anywhere worthwhile, but you sure as hell drive yourself to a lot of great places. It is up to you to drive yourself there."

"When my time on Earth is gone and my activities here are past I want that they should bury me upside down so my critics can kiss my ass."

That's also a cody jinks lyric :)

Bob Knight

Mario Kelgler & Eli Wright have both requested a release to transfer from Mississippi State...2 of the better recruits Howland has landed, Malik Newman who was a 5* transferred after his freshman year, things not going to well in Starkville.

Mario Kelgler & Eli Wright have both requested a release to transfer from Mississippi State...2 of the better recruits Howland has landed, Malik Newman who was a 5* transferred after his freshman year, things not going to well in Starkville.

But, but, but Howland is a much better choice than CRB

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back