The Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread

Have fun man. I caught two games in Chatlotte a couple weeks ago. It was my first live NBA experience.

It was a blast.... I had only seen exhibition NBA live before.... There was not many sixer fans cheering with me... LOL

It was a blast.... I had only seen exhibition NBA live before.... There was not many sixer fans cheering with me... LOL

I saw a bunch of games in the early '00's when Iverson and Mutumbo were there. I think the arena name has changed about 10 times since then, was the First United Center back then.

Good to hear you had a good time.

It's a cool arena and a nice area of town. I definitely plan on going back.

76ers are the only NBA team without a single player from its roster at end of 2012-13 season. (via @EliasSports)

Yeah it pisses me off they didn't let him finish his vision.... Now we get the colangelo family.....here is to many more years of mediocrity without hope for a championship.

But isn't that what Hinkie's vision meant anyway?

Why did Pat Croce sell the 76ers? Did he have money problems? Seems like he was fanatical about his team and he had some success.

But isn't that what Hinkie's vision meant anyway?

Nope not at all... We always knew this was a 3-5 yr rebuild.... It's not trying to be competitive, it was trying to win a championship.... There are two ways in the NBA to win a championship.... Either draft next generational type of players or be a destination for free agents... When Hinkie took over we were strapped with bad contracts, no assets, and mediocre results. Right now we are in better shape then the majority of the NBA.... We only have 28 million tied up in contracts so we are free to make any move we wish... We have Jahlil okafor who is one of the best offensive centers to enter the NBA in years, nerlins Noel who' is an excellent defensive big, Joel embiid who has as much potential as anyone if we can get him healthy. Dario Saric is coming over next year and he is one of the top players in Europe. We have possible two top 4 draft picks this season and right now number 22 and number 27 pick in the draft as well... It may not all work out but we have more options than we have ever had in our lifetime... I am sure the colangelo' swill screw this up like they have their previous franchises.

Wow, that's a lot of picks. So the 76ers will end up with their own, maybe the Lakers in the top 10, probably Miamis, and OKCs as well?

Just gotta figure out what you do with all the guys on the fringe. Weird offseason again for sure to be coming.

Wow, that's a lot of picks. So the 76ers will end up with their own, maybe the Lakers in the top 10, probably Miamis, and OKCs as well?

Just gotta figure out what you do with all the guys on the fringe. Weird offseason again for sure to be coming.

Yeah we have ours, the lakers if four or later.... The heat and OKC picks.... Plus all the salary cap in the world..... We could have been more competitive but Hinkie didn't sign players bc he was saving the space to put his in play for a championship.... I am positive the colangelos will hurry and build a team as fast as possible and we will end up the Grizzlies or Hawks instead

Nope not at all... We always knew this was a 3-5 yr rebuild.... It's not trying to be competitive, it was trying to win a championship.... There are two ways in the NBA to win a championship.... Either draft next generational type of players or be a destination for free agents... When Hinkie took over we were strapped with bad contracts, no assets, and mediocre results. Right now we are in better shape then the majority of the NBA.... We only have 28 million tied up in contracts so we are free to make any move we wish... We have Jahlil okafor who is one of the best offensive centers to enter the NBA in years, nerlins Noel who' is an excellent defensive big, Joel embiid who has as much potential as anyone if we can get him healthy. Dario Saric is coming over next year and he is one of the top players in Europe. We have possible two top 4 draft picks this season and right now number 22 and number 27 pick in the draft as well... It may not all work out but we have more options than we have ever had in our lifetime... I am sure the colangelo' swill screw this up like they have their previous franchises.

This is a great idea in theory if you can draft correctly. Hinkie wasn't. That's why he was fired. OKC did the same thing. And was in the playoffs by year three. Hinkie was two more years away from being an 8th seed.

Sixers landed the 1st pick. The last time they had the first pick they took Allen Iverson.

Hinkie probably did one of the worst rebuilding jobs I've ever seen. Him and David Kahn.

I disagree..... I loved what Hinkie was doing for my sixers..... I hate that the owner got scared and ran him off..... Having colangelo in charge scares me to death.

I disagree..... I loved what Hinkie was doing for my sixers..... I hate that the owner got scared and ran him off..... Having colangelo in charge scares me to death.

No he was doing terrible.

His drafting was absolutely abysmal.

You can tank if you can draft the right players. He couldn't.

VN Store

Back