The Official New England Patriots Thread

Very true..They got the stuff to get there is what I was getting at.
Can't wait to see the AFC playoff games this year..Have a feeling some of them will be memorable.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself right now but Boston could have 3 different sports teams play in the championship this year. Patriots, Celtics, & Red Sox.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself right now but Boston could have 3 different sports teams play in the championship this year. Patriots, Celtics, & Red Sox.

I don't think your ahead of yourself at all. Celtics are arguably the best team in the NBA right now, the Pats are arguably the best team in the NFL, and the Red Sox are likely the preseason favorites to represent the American League in the World Series. Of course, everything has to fall into place. :crazy:

I don't think your ahead of yourself at all. Celtics are arguably the best team in the NBA right now, the Pats are arguably the best team in the NFL, and the Red Sox are likely the preseason favorites to represent the American League in the World Series. Of course, everything has to fall into place. :crazy:

I'm not too concerned about the AL.

Phillies could beat anyone.

Bam, it also happened in '86. Red Sox lost in the WS, Patriots lost in the SB, & the Celtics won the NBA Finals.

Of course alot of things can happen for either teams. The C's will have to remain healthy, the Pats defense will have to step up, & the Red Sox will have to stay healthy all season.

I'm not too concerned about the AL.

Phillies could beat anyone.

I'd like to see a Phillies-Red Sox world series. I know there is a lot of talk about the Phillies pitching staff, but nobody should forget about Boston's staff. With a healthy Josh Beckett, Jon Lester, Daisuke, Lackey, Buchholz, and Wakefield, they are top notch. Nobody will question their batting lineup. I picked them to win the AL last year ,but the injury bug ruined their season.

Bam, it also happened in '86. Red Sox lost in the WS, Patriots lost in the SB, & the Celtics won the NBA Finals.

Of course alot of things can happen for either teams. The C's will have to remain healthy, the Pats defense will have to step up, & the Red Sox will have to stay healthy all season.

Yep.

Fortunately, the Bears are no longer doing the SB shuffle and Billy Buckner is no longer employed within the Red Sox franchise.

Good health is the key. Last year was a disaster.

If they could have stayed healthy last year I really think they could have won the division. They won 89 games & were only 7 games out with all those injuries.

I'd like to see a Phillies-Red Sox world series. I know there is a lot of talk about the Phillies pitching staff, but nobody should forget about Boston's staff. With a healthy Josh Beckett, Jon Lester, Daisuke, Lackey, Buchholz, and Wakefield, they are top notch. Nobody will question their batting lineup. I picked them to win the AL last year ,but the injury bug ruined their season.

It's good, but 9 times out of 10 I take Philadelphia's rotation.

Dice-K needs to be traded.

If they could have stayed healthy last year I really think they could have won the division. They won 89 games & were only 7 games out with all those injuries.

Reasonable chance.

When half your team is out, it's difficult to win anything.

It's good, but 9 times out of 10 I take Philadelphia's rotation.

Dice-K needs to be traded.

I agree, but I'd take our lineup & if we land Fuentes I'd take our bullpen over the Phillies.

Dice-K needs to go!! I agree Bam.

Great win by the Patriots today, the clinched the best record in the AFC, won the AFC East, & clinched homefield advantage throughout the playoffs.

A couple notes from todays game:

* Brady set the record from most completions in a row without a INT (319)

* The Patriots have now won the AFC East for the 8th time in the last 10 seasons

* The Patriots have won 7 games in a row, the last time they won 7 in a row was in '07 when they finished 16-0

* The Patriots have now scored 31+ points in 7 straight games

* The Patriots have finished with the best record in the AFC for the 3rd time since 2001

* The Patriots have only turned the ball over 9 times this season, the NFL record for the least TO's in 1 season is 13

Great win by the Patriots today, the clinched the best record in the AFC, won the AFC East, & clinched homefield advantage throughout the playoffs.

A couple notes from todays game:

* Brady set the record from most completions in a row without a INT (319)

* The Patriots have now won the AFC East for the 8th time in the last 10 seasons

* The Patriots have won 7 games in a row, the last time they won 7 in a row was in '07 when they finished 16-0

* The Patriots have now scored 31+ points in 7 straight games

* The Patriots have finished with the best record in the AFC for the 3rd time since 2001

* The Patriots have only turned the ball over 9 times this season, the NFL record for the least TO's in 1 season is 13

They will be very tough to beat at Gillette in January.
I kind of thought this was going to be a down year for the Pats when the season started. They have completely re-tooled on both sides of the ball and have done it on the fly w/o missing a beat. And Brady, well, he is playing some of the best ball of his careeer - one of the best of all-time at the QB position.

No denying it, the pats look unstoppable right now. What's Vegas paying out on them making it to the sb?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The New England Patriots had 6 players selected to the NFL Pro Bowl game.

QB: Tom Brady
OG: Logan Mankins
LB: Jerod Mayo
CB: Devin McCourty (Rookie)
S: Brandon Meriweather
DT: Vince Wilfork, interior lineman

I didn't think a team could look worse than the Bears or Jets a few weeks ago.

I was wrong.

Patriots have now scored 30 points or more in 8 straight games, tying an NFL record set by StL Rams in 2000 & tied by Patriots in 2007.

Patriots have now scored 30 points or more in 8 straight games, tying an NFL record set by StL Rams in 2000 & tied by Patriots in 2007.

& Brady isnt even putting up great numbers. I'm still not sold on the defense to come up big in the playoffs. Brady locked the MVP up though.

Since the '07 Jets game when the Patriots were caught "cheating", the Patriots have racked up a record of 52-14 with 2 playoff appearances.

VN Store

Back